Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Recommend me a rear light that fits under the saddle ( roadie bike)
  • cheekyget
    Free Member

Well the days are getting shorter so now is the time to think ..LIGHTS!!

The light I have ATM is exposure flare ( 2nd gen) and I got the saddle mount which is perfect for me because I have a aero seat post ( dogma)
    but when charging the light the other day…the light stayed turned on and won’t turn off, so it’s not really going to hold a charge anymore …if anyone knows how to fix this ??…that’ll be great!!

So can anyone please recommend me a Bright rear light that can be fixed under the saddle

Thanks

STATO
    Free Member

Send the light back to exposure with a copy of the receipt. If they can fix it they will tell you, if its going to cost you can decide if its worth it. Otherwise try a TraceR, usb charge and button on/off so a bit more robust. Uses same mount.

allan23
    Free Member

If you’re after a change, I use a Cat Eye Volt 50. Seems bright enough for dark country lanes.

USB charge and a saddle rail mount. Lasting well apart from looks, some of the surface coat on the metal body is bubbling a little. Salt spray I guess.

jekkyl

christ £40 quid for a rear light, any saddle mounted ones that don’t cost the earth?

cheekyget
    Free Member

Send the light back to exposure with a copy of the receipt. If they can fix it they will tell you, if its going to cost you can decide if its worth it. Otherwise try a TraceR, usb charge and button on/off so a bit more robust. Uses same mount.

It is the trace r..my bad!!….I couldn’t remember what the 2nd gen ones were called…..!!

I know £40 is a lot but my wife got it for me one Xmas…..but it is WELL BRIGHT……my ride buds complain if I’m in front as its blinds them…..when it works !!….ha ha ha

andysredmini
    Free Member

Have a look at the moon comet. I have a couple and they are very good. Fit on saddle rails so perfect for use with a dropper in my case. I think I paid around £17 for them

hjghg5
    Free Member

I was going to say the Volt 50 too but someone beat me to it.

hilldodger
    Free Member

if anyone knows how to fix this ??…that’ll be great!!

try giving the surfaces of the “silver ring” in the lens assembly a clean and the matching surface inside the body..

..or just send back to Exposure, they’re pretty good with after sales

breatheeasy
    Free Member

Moon Comet, or possibly the Moon Crescent fit neatly under the saddle.

Though there are a number of rear lights these days that just fit on the seatpost with the rubber loops – they might be an option for your

teasel
    Free Member

so it’s not really going to hold a charge anymore …if anyone knows how to fix this ??…that’ll be great!!

If the issue is the battery and not anything to do with the internals then a replacement is a few quid and is easy to replace as the cap just unscrews.

Obviously a bit of soldering required.

amedias
    Free Member

I was also going to suggest the volt as well, it’s very bright, lasts ages, and if you have front one too the batteries are interchangeable.

You need to be careful with angle though as it can be blinding to drivers if set level at typical seat height.

cheekyget
    Free Member

Thanks for all the replies guys

mboy
    Free Member

The Moon Comet is awesome. Got one on each of my road bikes, and recommend them to all our customers. The saddle rail bracket is a neat touch too, and the light is plenty bright even on its lowest setting!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Big bonus of the Volt is that if you’re running a pair, the batteries are interchangeable. Nice “get home safer” detail.

Failing that, Moon Shield is the best rear I’ve had to date.

MoreCashThanDash

I was recommended a See Sense light on here a couple of months back.

Top tip – you only need the lowest power one…… 😯

cheekyget
    Free Member

Ooh I think I’m sold on the moon…looks sweet

I took my trace R apart…it was showing signs of water contaminated the circuits as there where white /green deposits,
    So I sprayed with old faithful WD40 and gave it a wipe…..plugged it in out of the housing and all looks good……
    However once placed in the housing…..the red main light still comes on…but now not as bright…

MoreCashThanDash

Return it to Exposure? They have always been very good whn my Flare kept acting up.

teasel
    Free Member

Same here. My Flare was a few days away from expiration of warranty and by the time I got around to sending it back it was outside of it – they still repaired it for free.

Top guys!

cheekyget
    Free Member

Mines a little out of warranty …I got it in Dec 2013 ( I’m presuming its 12 months).. But I’ve contacted the guys …just waiting now

cheekyget
    Free Member

Wow…exposure’ s customer service is fast…..I emailed them around 4pm and got 2 replies already ( emails time was 16:47)
    What a company!!

cloudnine
    Free Member

Moon Shield 60 also worth a look
    Its very bright (60 lumens), usb charging… and about £25

cheekyget
    Free Member

Got the returns form emailed to me today…so now my light is in the post to Exposure….I hope it arrives ok….as it keeps randomly flashing inside the Jiffy bag ….I hope they don’t think it will go boom!! And destroy it?? 😀

Kahurangi

Post office do get sniffy about stuff these days so maybe wrap in in something opaque!

cheekyget
    Free Member

Just thought I would update
    Exposure sent me a new light yesterday FOC…blinking excellent customer services !!…

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a rear light that fits under the saddle ( roadie bike)’ is closed to new replies.