Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • recommend me a rack & bag for the office commute
  • Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member

To carry shoes, trousers & shirt (not crumpled!), towel, a spot of lunch, the usual repair kit and a few small sundries…yada-yada.

Yes, its possible to leave shoes and maybe a few other things at work, but I want the capacity to take everything when I haven’t planned in advance.

Not interested in a backpack, they’re the devils work.

Hit me up!

kilo

Carradice bags and rack. I use them with no problems. Trousers and shirt roll up tight for minimal creases

Dave-j
    Free Member

axiom columbus trunk bag on ebay for 19.99 at moment and axiom streamliner rack, i have these and really like them.

whitestone
    Free Member

+1 for the Carradice bags. I’ve one of the SQR models – mount point clamps around the seat post and the bag attaches to that, a couple of seconds to attach/detach. They look a bit naff but fine for commuting.

fasthaggis

nbt

Topeak Super Tourist DX rack with matching Topeak trunk bag – easy to slide on and off rather than faffing with velcro, you can choose the size of bag you want in order to be able to add extra capacity

Aquaprofile

I have a pannier rack, but only need a bag for the middle flat bit – any recommendations for a easily removable bag?
    (sorry for the hijack)
    😀

zilog6128

^^^ also interested in that. I have a Tubus Disco rack with Ortlieb pannier bags for the commute which are great, but ideally I’d like a rack bag as well with a similar quick-release system which would be smaller/lighter/more streamlined (as it’s on top rather than sticking out to the side) for other rides. I suppose I could just use a saddle/seatpost mounted bag but I’d like to use the rack seeing as it’s there. Having trouble finding anything suitable though.

cookeaa

I’m currently using one of these strapped to one of these To carry clothing, lunch and kit to/from work,

I do leave a few things in the office though (Towel, shower stuff, shoes) so if I had to lug everything I’d probably have to opt for a bigger bag maybe 35L…

Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member

Thanks all.

I like the look of the Topeak MTX range …nbt, take a moment to bathe in the warm glow of satisfaction that comes from a well judged recommendation!

nbt

Nice choice, sir

*preens*

shermer75
    Free Member

The rack I have is the Tubus Cargo, it’s the only one I’ve owned so I can’t compare it but I can say that it is still going strong after several years of commuting and shopping.
    My pannier bags are Ortlieb Classics, which are excellent because they are water proof but I have work through the bottom of one of them. It lasted about 3 years.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘recommend me a rack & bag for the office commute’ is closed to new replies.