Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Recommend me a quality mini-pump
  • sharkattack

I always thought mini pumps were crap. It just appears that I’ve only ever owned crap ones. I had to borrow someone elses the other day and it was amazing. It was metal, quite sturdy in the hand. Locked tight onto the valve with no hissing and inflated a 2.4 tyre in completely painless fashion.

The technology has clearly arrived and I just missed it. Now I need an amazing pump. Preferably one that will fit under a bottle cage as I’m trying to ditch the pack whenever possible.

The one I used the other day was a Birzman. Any other recommendations?

MoreCashThanDash

I believe a well known mountain bike magazine ran a group test on mini pumps last issue……

nbt

Topeak mountain morph is the pump of choice for me and my riding buddies

ton

mountain morphe.

jimw
    Free Member

Leyzene
    E.g. http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/lezyne-alloy-drive-mini-pump/rp-prod24665
    The medium is best compromise for the extra 16 grams

Other retailers available
    Edit:
    Mountain Morph is great but I wouldn’t call it a mini pump

ticsmon

another lezyne alloy drive fan here. The flexible tube works a treat

will
    Free Member

Yup, another Lezyne user. Really good pump and can reach very high pressures.

househusband

I’m a former Topeak Mountain Morph fan… now I’d say Lezyne alloy drive.

superstu
    Free Member

Lezyne for me. I have an on one phaart and it’s terrible by comparison

thegreatape
    Free Member

An alternative / close imitation is the Topeak Race Rocket MT. Mine arrived today and it looks a decent bit of kit, although I’ve not used it yet. Has a bottle cage mount like the Lezyne.

mav12
    Free Member

i have two lezyne pumps cant fault them

MSP

I got sick of the lezyne pumps unscrewing the valve core, much prefer the mountain morph if i am taking a backpack, or c02 for shorter trips when I just want something small for jersey pockets.

curlie467
    Free Member

Mountain morphs are massive!
    Do people mean a mean a mini morph? I have one and it is excellent.

RAGGATIP
    Free Member

Lezyne Alloy Drive and Lezyne Road Drive here…..oh, screw inner core tight (but not too tight) with pliers.

bonesetter
    Free Member

mountain morphe

chris85
    Free Member

Have a lezyne alloy hp drive with the pressure gauge and massively disappointed with it!
    Have to use the plastic bit with it to pump up presta valves or it keeps unscrewing valve core unless you keep remembering to tighten every new tube with pliers…but mainly disappointed as doesn’t pump as well as it did..maybe needs new seals but it’s only a year old!
    Also pressure gauge numbers have all rubbed off.
    And they’re so expensive!
    Stick to mountain morph definitely!

thegreatape
    Free Member

I think the Lezyne instructions suggest a spot of thread lock on the valve core.

chambord
    Free Member

I bought a truflo micro 4 pump because it is tiny and cheap.

Holy smokes it is shit. Dont even think about it. I’m probably going to get a leyzne. Buy cheap buy twice etc.

iainc

I have Lezyne alloy drive and pressure drive and they’re very good. Only downside is that if you use on a frame bottle cage bracket they rattle on bumps !

butcher

I use a Lezyne Alloy Drive with the MTB and Topeak Road Morph for the road bike.

Not sure how it differs from the Mountain Morph, but one of the greatest assets of the Road Morph is the ability to achieve high pressures.

Alloy Drive is solid, and I’ve always preferred a hose (having ripped a couple of valves clean off with my violent pumping action in the past!), but the hose can sometimes unscrew the insert in a presta valve, which leaves you in a predicament if that pops out! Just paid £6 for a mount though after breaking the original! They’re not cheap.

Northwind

Truflo Evolution or Minitrack- the evolution is a better Mountain Morph, takes the idea and just does it better. And the telescopic Minitrack isn’t quite as well put together, it can unscrew valve cores if they’re not in properly, but inflates tyres like nobody’s business. Not small but they both come with frame brackets.

fubar
    Free Member

I just bought a Lezyne tech drive (road) to replace my incorrectly coloured Top Peak RaceRocket. I’ve found the Lezyne mount leaves the pump just touching my frame (‘oversized’ carbon) so it’s going to knock and rub. I’ll go back to the TopPeak which sits out further and was fine except for being the wrong colour.

chris85
    Free Member

hambord – Member 
    I bought a truflo micro 4 pump because it is tiny and cheap.

Holy smokes it is shit. Dont even think about it. I’m probably going to get a leyzne. Buy cheap buy twice etc.

This is what I thought when I first bought my leyzne…. Wish I’d have saved £50 now and bought a aldi special!

Nobby

I’ve two Lezyne mini pumps & one track one and have never had a valve core undo – then again I’ve always nipped the cores upp with a Park VC1 or similar.

The Pressure Drive CFH is a great pump/CO2 combo.

medoramas
    Free Member

I’ve had some mini pumps, but I ended up as a fan of bigger pumps. Topeak Peakini MasterBlaster has been with me for years now (the first one was stolen with my bike, then I found an identical in the woods few weeks later!).

On a road bike lives large RoadBlaster – massive pump which takes about 2 minutes to inflate the tyres to 100PSI almost effortless!

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a quality mini-pump’ is closed to new replies.