Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Recommend me a pub around Holborn with a nice outdoor area
  • piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

I shall be engaging in some post servitude, al fresco rehydration (probably involving a by product of the Humulus lupulus family of plants) tomorrow with work associates.

Obviously, with the weather being so glorious, being outside is very much desired.

We shall be starting at the King Of Diamonds terrace bar (not a great place, but close and outdoor seating). Any suggestions as to where we can go from there?

jhw
    Free Member

None come to mind – I would say that area is defined by a lack of pubs with an outdoor area, in fact.

However, there are some wonderful pubs there

Why not just get some bottles of vodka and drink in Lincoln’s Inn Fields (if they allow you to which I doubt)

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Why not just get some bottles of vodka and drink in Lincoln’s Inn Fields (if they allow you to which I doubt)

The combination of the fields, vodka and iridium black lenses would not end in a good place!

Stoner
    Free Member

Remember the square pig where we had a drink?

Also standing outside the seven stars is ok.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Yep had though of the pig. Will investigate the stars

jhw
    Free Member

The Devereux in Temple is a nice little-known pub that opens onto a quiet square full of barristers, but it’s a 15 min walk away

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

You’re not too far from Covent Garden. A few in the alley outside the Lamb perhaps?

Not the best area for al fresco alcofrolics.

good to see, however, that you are properly prepared with the black iridium. Good Lord above, so many nice things to look at…!

backhander
    Free Member

The Griffin?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

nice, Backhander, nice…!

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

The Griffin? I have no idea what you’re talking about 😉 8)

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I would say that area is defined by a lack of pubs with an outdoor area, in fact.

Good point, this. Very few pubs in that part of the city have anything in the way of outside seating. There’s just not the space for it in an area with some of the highest land prices on Earth. I seem to remember something near Grays Inn fields, but I could be confuddled. For ‘al fresco alcofrolics’ (nice one Flashy! 😀 ) I’d say it’s better to head out a bit where you’ll find more pubs with such facilities.

And with this weather, everyone and his dog, cat, goldfish and budgie heads to the pub for a quick after work quenching.

Jezkidd
    Free Member

The Fence in Farringdon, near the tube or the Mitre on the road with all the diamond merchants (you might have trouble finding that one).

Or just go to the Princess Louise, cos its great

backhander
    Free Member

I’m all class, me.

joolsburger
    Free Member

There’s that pub at the bottom of Leather Lane(not the Griffin end) no idea what it’s called.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a pub around Holborn with a nice outdoor area’ is closed to new replies.