Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Recommend me a pressure washer
  • dannybgoode

The new gaff has a large patio – front and back together somewhere in the region of 70m2 – and having started cleaning it with a piddling little washer think something more industrial is in order.

So, what pressure washer will ably hose down a large area relatively quickly. If it can take attachments to do cars etc with so much the better.

backinireland
    Free Member

Im same
    100 sq metres of patio
    Have had various pressure washers and borrowed a few but bought this
    http://www.cleanstore.co.uk/products/Product.asp?ID=1001
    Cleans area much quicker and turbo head great for stubborn dirt
    Snow foam attachment great for cars
    Armoured hose and brass cylinder head so should last longer than cheap plastic stuff

oldtennisshoes

+1 for the nilfisk for the metal pump.

vongassit
    Free Member

I’ve one of these , also with the metal pump. Its not a bad machine at all.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00H5W3WZG/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I’ve got the same one as vongassit.
    It’s miles better than the crappy Bosch & Karchers I’ve had before. My patio doesn’t get done often enough & is prone to algae spots which are a bastid to get off but the Nilfisk did the job last time.

Previous to that I had to pay a guy with a petrol powered 5 zillion bar thing which nearly removed the patio!

myti
    Free Member

Karcher k4. Mine has different spray settings so proper power washing for patio or gentle settings for bike cleaning etc

backinireland
    Free Member

THink one I posted has brass rather than aluminium pump
    Spoke to a guy who repairs them before I bought and that was his recommendation

newrobdob
    Free Member

Karcher outlet store on internet is well worth a look, very cheap.

I hate to say it but I had a Nilfisk when they were sold in my store as Alto and I wouldn’t have one again. Wasn’t very reliable and was extremely heavy for moving up and down steps.

With any pressure washer make sure you have water running though the machine (turn on water but not machine and pull trigger until water comes through smoothly) before you turn it on. A karcher engineer once told me this and I had their cheapest £50 machine last 13 years before I dropped it down some steps and broke it. All to do with the cooling or lubrication of the motor or something.

neilnevill
    Free Member

But do the opposite, water off and power on, to clear water from the machine before storing if frost/freezing is an issue.

newrobdob
    Free Member

But do the opposite, water off and power on, to clear water from the machine before storing if frost/freezing is an issue.

I wouldn’t do that if you can help it, most machines you can disconnect and tip the water out.

neilnevill
    Free Member

I read it on a car detailing forum, a lot of nilfisk users saying it needs to be run clear to prevent freezing.

newrobdob
    Free Member

Not saying you don’t get the water out, you just don’t need to run the motor to do it.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a pressure washer’ is closed to new replies.