• This topic has 77 replies, 39 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by Drac.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 78 total)
  • recommend me a portable BBQ
  • ElShalimo

For camping, evenings on the beach etc
    Must be portable, easy to clean/use etc
    Thanks

ericemel
    Free Member

I have a Cobb and find it damn good. Actually using it most of the time now.

convert

Cobb again. Damned expensive but a nice thing to use.

chewkw
    Free Member

That Cobb is very nice innit! 😀

Ya, very expensive.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

How portable, the smallest webber Q would be my choice with a small bottle. (don’t bother with the gas vs burning food arguments)

thehustler
    Free Member

son of hibatchi

Has a fire/heatproof bag so you just fold it up and take it home

WackoAK
    Free Member

If you want something on the cheaper side this one is perfect – been using mine for over a year camping etc and it lives in the boot of the car.

Landmann Piccolino

sandwicheater

http://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/outwell-cazal-portable-grill-p141333?gclid=COjknIPV6r8CFQoCwwod13AAFw

Ace little BBQ and folds up so small it can live in the boot of the car.

Drac

Been eyeing up these too to take the beach, fancy the weber charcoal one as I’ve already got a camping stove.

alpin
    Free Member

Son of hibachi…just make sure you tighten up all the screws and bolts before tui use it for the first time…

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

Someone had to!

bugcab
    Free Member

Bought an old Hibachi that looks something very much like this. Great little thing and cost considerably less than the very sexy looking Cobb.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/231243111426?limghlpsr=true&hlpv=2&ops=true&viphx=1&hlpht=true&lpid=108&device=c&adtype=pla&crdt=0&ff3=1&ff11=ICEP3.0.0&ff12=67&ff13=80&ff14=108

iolo
    Free Member

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Esschert-FF52-Easily-portable-Bucket/dp/B001P3X5VM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1406643046&sr=8-1&keywords=bucket+barbecue

Just bought a bucket barbecue and used it on the beach last week. You don’t neeed charcoal, just use a bit of kindling and some logs. Perfect.

Northwind

If it’s got gas, it’s not a bbq.

I used one of these a while back, not the most stable but otherwise very good.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-GARDEN-PATIO-FOLDING-CYLINDER-BARBEQUE-LID-COVER-CHARCOAL-BBQ-GRILL-505140-/130850190276?pt=UK_Home_Garden_BBQ_s_Accessories_LE&hash=item1e774773c4

Son of Hibachi is ace if you want to pack up and leave quickly.

binners

One of these….

… crate of Stella. job lot of economy burgers from Iceland. ketchup. Job jobbed!

lemonysam
    Free Member

… crate of Stella. job lot of economy burgers from Iceland. ketchup. Job jobbed!

Be sure not to remove any of the above from whichever beauty spot you’re cooking in. That’s what “they” employ “rangers” for.

binners

And if anyone disputes this simple fact, set Tyson, your staffy on them

ericemel
    Free Member

I used one of these a while back, not the most stable but otherwise very good.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-GARDEN-PATIO-FOLDING-CYLINDER-BARBEQUE-LID-COVER-CHARCOAL-BBQ-GRILL-505140-/130850190276?pt=UK_Home_Garden_BBQ_s_Accessories_LE&hash=item1e774773c4

Son of Hibachi is ace if you want to pack up and leave quickly.

That’s really a grill not a BBQ

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Take that up with Aus – chuck another shrimp on the barbie – tralia

Honestly done both only one I’d carry round and thats the gas, also only one I’d cook on and thats the gas. Did 1/3 of chistmas dinner on ours this year and used the gas one loads even when in the UK. The art is in the cooking not the burning.

Drac

I’ve done every Xmas meal I’ve cooked the last 15 years on gas but the one in the house.

towzer

Not a real bbq but have a look at cadac safari chef, multi purpose facility but ltd capacity (single gas ring) and it cooks more by indirect heat than flame, pleased with ours – so far bbq, frying plate and stir fry used successfully

DrJ

Probably everyone in the universe but me has known this for ever, but these things take a lot of the pain out of using charcoal …

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zV7FZA6yM8[/video]

alpin
    Free Member

^^ Hibachi does that, too, without you having to carry an extra bucket around with you.

RustyNissanPrairie

I have a Cobb and find it damn good. Actually using it most of the time now.

Cobb again. Damned expensive but a nice thing to use.

+1. COBB END OF.

Had ours for years, bought the full kit and used every part of it, whole roast chicken, leg of lamb, full english breakfasts on it, usual BBQ fodder. Its ace.

ourmaninthenorth

Weber Smokey Joe.

It is both a BBQ (not just a grill), uses charcoal and I have a chimney starter for it. Oh, and it doubles as a portable firepit.

It’s only failing is that it isn’t a Cobb….

spooky_b329

Cobb again!

Doesn’t burn picnic benches/grass/canal boat decks, ultra fast startup if you use the coconut husk fuel, and you can cook whole chickens/joints with roast veg in the moat.

legspin
    Free Member

Search ebay for a esbit bbq. I have one in the back of my camper. Made from stainless and folds up tiny, in to its own bag. Oh and its a proper bbq to!

jonnyrockymountain

Weber q range

ElShalimo

Thanks
    Those Cobb BBQs look ideal but they are very expensive, are they really worth the extra money?

Drac

They look great and thought £99 wasn’t bad I was expecting £200.

burko73

You’re all so wrong. Weber go- anywhere. Got one ten yrs ago for my campervan. Still going strong despite using it as a firepit on cold nights and filling with logs/ wood after the BBQ.

Webber binned it and stopped making it a few yrs ago but just started again with a new model. It’s better than the smokey joe as it’s rectangular and has a bigger grill space and is easier to store. It packs up and you can store charcoal inside, us controllable as it has a lid/ vents etc and you can use it as an oven. Try and get an old one if you can, it’s prob better made and will last for yes.

Oh they do new grills etc and other spares for them as well. Built to last.

http://www.weber.com/grills/series/go-anywhere/go-anywhere-charcoal

Cowman

Have a look at backpackinglights honey & hive stoves. Honestly brilliant. Not that expensive, the hive works as a bbq the honey as a great wood burner. Many a campsite I’ve had great comments on it, especially by the staff normally. Some whinger has said I’ve got a fire, talked ymto the site staff… They pop down and say its the best safest thing they have seen. Get us more wood and join in the chat. Try one, never regret it.

mrchrispy

I’ve been looking at one of these….not convinced but probably worth a punt.

pondo

Folding BBQ, mebbe a centimetre thick when stowed, fire up the charcoal and chuck on the grill, away you go – twenty quid from here, pretty sure we paid less for much the same on Amazon.

BadlyWiredDog

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Esbit-Stainless-Steel-Folding-Barbeque/dp/B003DRLQEG

Had one for a couple of years. Neat, simple, well made, works fine and not insanely expensive.

Drac

Cobb ordered from Lakeland £99 with a free bag of peg for the Mrs, she’ll be right chuffed.

ElShalimo

Drac – Moderator
    Cobb ordered from Lakeland £99 with a free bag of peg for the Mrs, she’ll be right chuffed.

– you Sir are a romantic fool!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 78 total)

The topic ‘recommend me a portable BBQ’ is closed to new replies.