Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Recommend me a Point and Shoot Compact Camera
  • smurfly13
    Free Member

Looking for a new compact camera – just a point and shoot for holiday’s, family snaps, kids, a lot indoor so lower light levels a consideration – have the DSLR for anything requiring more!

Around £100 give or take.

So far I like the look of The Canon Ixus 275HS or the Nikon Coolpix S7000.

Any advances??

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Lumix TZ55? Currently just over half price which is £18 over yr budget. Not sure about low light photography at this price point…

dannybgoode

Panasonic LF1. I’ve just bought one and I’m incredibly impressed (note my other camera is a Canon 5DmkIII coupled to L series lenses so I have high expectations).

Very small (deck of cards) , can be full auto or fully manual or in between, actually has a viewfinder (albeit not a brilliant one) and can shoot raw if you want.

Quick to focus and to write to the memory card and 7x optical zoom.

Around £150 so a little above your budget but well worth it. When I was researching it it was one of the few p&s cameras I couldn’t find a bad review of.

Have to some excellent low light handheld shots with it through to bright daylight and it’s (for the class of camera) faultless.

smurfly13
    Free Member

Thanks for the suggestions, will add them to the research list

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Well worth looking at the Olympus Mju waterproof range. Child/holiday/etc proof.

dannybgoode

A couple of shots from the LF1 – both handheld, both at f2 1/2 second shutter speed (pretty **** good for hh at such a slow shutter speed) – the B&W one is ISO 400 and the colour one ISO 80.

and then an outdoor one of babybgoode – f5 1/60 shutter speed, ISO 125. Lovely natural colours – OOC jpeg so now messing around with RAW files etc.

smurfly13
    Free Member

That’s fantastic quality, especially at such a slow shutter speed!! May have to go and use one!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a Point and Shoot Compact Camera’ is closed to new replies.