Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • recommend me a place to ride near barmouth (wales) that my kids can also enjoy..
  • odannyboy
    Free Member

im on hoilday near barmouth in wales soon and my 8 and 6 years old nippers want to bring there bikes. my 8 year old has a specialized hot rock and is pretty fearless but my 6 year old lad is only on a 10 inch wheeled single speed bike but he is pretty keen.im sure there are several flat “family” cycle tracks/paths etc but thats a bit too tame (esp for me). anything with a little tiny bit of terrain flow etc that we all could enjoy.any of the trail centres?
    many thanks in advance..

Speshpaul

Ok there is a nice family trail at Coed, or you can just go for a ride around the forest roads.
    plus the maddgaw (spelt wrong)trail that goes along the railway line, flat yes but very nice.

rewski
    Free Member
    ART

New ‘Minor Taur’ trail at Coed y Brenin will be perfect for your nippers, and sure you’ll be able to squeeze a bit of fun out of it too 😉 Plenty of info online at the FC site, lots more families riding there now. The Mawddach cycle trail along the estuary defines flatness but is scenic and has the added excitement of crossing the bridge from Barmouth for the littleuns.

Edit. What they said … but with better spelling 🙂

Nick

I’d be wary about getting too ambitious with the Mawddach trail, it’s flat, but if it’s windy then in one direction at least your little lad may find it a bit long. We did it from Graig Wen (campsite to the right of Arthog on the map in the link above), into Barmouth and back, there was ok (took an hour) coming back was an ordeal and that was with a 7 year old on a Beinn 20.

thegeneralist
    Free Member

Both those options are good. Depending on the wind then maybe shuttle either oo or from the old railway line cycle route.

The Minortaur is excellent. I did it yesterday along with the Afon with my two kids who are 4 and 6 yo. Some kindly bloke at the map suggested the Afon was the best bet but to be honest the Minortaur is a much better option. It’s really really smooth apart from a few marked jumps and really good fun. My kids loved it. The last bit of the Afon on the other hand is a bit of a slog.

odannyboy
    Free Member

thats great.thanks for that.any other places or routes that arent at the trail centres?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘recommend me a place to ride near barmouth (wales) that my kids can also enjoy..’ is closed to new replies.