Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Recommend me a phone (not iPhone) to replace iPhone 5
  • reluctantlondoner

iPhone 6S – meh.

Really losing my Apple love, so thinking of trying an Android to replace a failing iPhone 5, but I have no idea where to begin. Had an HTC work phone years ago and hated that, but have to believe things are better now.

My work and home laptops are Apple, but I am moving all my files onto G:Drive, so the move to Android feels like the right time.

Recommend away please 🙂

mogrim

How much do you want to spend?

bearnecessities

Worst brief ever.

Therefore: Octavia estate.

MSP

Nokia 3210

bearnecessities

Bobbins, 6110 is the best phone thing ever made.

reluctantlondoner

Happy to spend to get a decent phone as I do use it a lot for work – have a SIM only deal at the moment, so agnostic about taking a contract to get a reduced price handset.

Spending less than a new iPhone would be nice, but not essential.

reluctantlondoner

I don’t take many photos, but I do listen to loads of music and podcasts.

Don’t watch TV etc on it.

Do use the maps a lot.

mogrim

The new Wileyfox Swift is getting some good reviews, and it’s cheap too… Going more upmarket any of the top offerings from Samsung, HTC, Sony etc is unlikely to disappoint.

loddrik
    Free Member

The Galaxy S6 was brilliant. I’m on a 6 plus now as all family are on ios but I reckon the S6 was better. Felt faster and more user friendly for what I used it for.

dickyhepburn
    Free Member

Meh to apple too
    Wife and son have Samsung galaxy phones – v good

tinribz
    Free Member

S5 & S6 are good but a bit pricy. New Moto x Play is better price, massive battery, close to pure android and 1020p screen for £250.

br
    Free Member

Since your iPhone 5 is crap, once you’ve bought a new whatever-phone please PM me and I’ll take it off your hands – will even pay for the postage 🙂

To replace my even older iPhone 4.

ultimateweevil
    Free Member

I’m due an upgrade now too and I’m in the exact same position as you Londoner, got an iPhone 5 and it’s getting a bit meh and not overly impressed with the 6 as the Mrs has one and it just seems like it’s not that much of an improvement over the 5. I am however not sure about switching to Android again after having an HTC one before going to back to the iPhone and it was good at first but by the time it came time to swap I was sick of it as the Android operating system just wasn’t as good as the iOS. Maybe the newer Android phones are better but I just can’t make my mind up.

For me I’d need to be able to get podcasts for music so if they’re just as good now with that capability then I might make the switch.

johnnystorm

Sony Xperia Z of whichever flavour your wallet or pocket size will stretch to. Good cameras, not too much bloatware, waterproof, external sd card support and with the magnetic charger as well as the micro usb means you can charge it and retain the waterproofing.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

+1 Sony Xperia. I’ve gotta Z3, dual sim version, waterproof, quick, lovely screen, wireless charging, great sound from mp3 player, High Res audio.

Light-years away from my previous moto G which was nice, but laggy.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Nexus 5 or Moto G?

Like the uncomplicated raw android feel.

mogrim

For me I’d need to be able to get podcasts for music so if they’re just as good now with that capability then I might make the switch.

DoggCatcher works fine for Podcasts.

Bimbler
    Free Member

Nexus 5&6 (X)? – Announcement due at end of month possibly, but Google are crap at inventory so you may get one at launch you may have to wait months.

Current Nexus 6 is on sale but a huge phone.

Moto G – for budget

Moto X Play budgetish big beast with big battery available now

Moto X Style – Still on the cheaper side of things again a big beast 5.7″ but flagship specs, available soon

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a phone (not iPhone) to replace iPhone 5’ is closed to new replies.