Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Recommend me a Petrol Generator
  • eyerideit
    Free Member

I’m all adrift in at sea of peak/constant output and watts etc.

I need a gene to get on with work at the house, firstly to run a demolition hammer for taking up floors. Then to run wood working tools and charging stuff.

The thinking was to buy one, use it and then sell it on when I’m done.

Or should I just get the electric reconnected?

Stoner
    Free Member

I bought a cheap chinese DOHC one rated 2kW for working on the barn before we got sparks. It was unbelievably reliable. Freezing cold, dust off the snow, one pull, started first time. Cost me about £120!

Aim for something that is rated peak around 120-150% of the rating of your biggest appliance to cope with start up.

I will find details.

If I had tons of money I really want a Honda i20 which is soooo quiet, but about £600

Stoner
    Free Member

its at the back here:

drove a big chop saw, a Belle cement mixer and site lights etc.

This is the same model, different branding.
    https://www.machinemart.co.uk/shop/product/details/clarke-fg3005-2-8kva-portable-petrol-powered-g

maccruiskeen

The Impax generators on screwfix are good VFM – I picked up the 2500w one for cheap on ebay (discounted because the panel with the switches on was printed upside down)

The sine wave / suitcase style gennys can be handy if you use anything sensitive – my circular saw has electronic speed control and it won’t run off a bog standard genny, some chargers and anything else with electronics in, charging your phone even, can be a problem with regular portables. The sine wave ones are also nice and quiet.

I bought mine as sine wave ones can be tricky to hire when you need one and as well as power tools I used gennys to run video projectors and the like that are easy to upset if the voltage and waveform aren’t good

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a Petrol Generator’ is closed to new replies.