Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Recommend me a PDF program
  • bencooper
    Free Member

My old copy of Adobe Acrobat 8 has finally decided it doesn’t want to play – is there any program out there that lets me edit PDFs without having to pay a monthly fee, use some advert-covered web service or sign up with my Facebook account?

<luddite> What ever happened to just buying software that does something and using it? </luddite>

lorax

If you’re on a Mac, PDF Expert is good

bencooper
    Free Member

PC unfortunately…

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    trailwagger
    Free Member

Word

jambalaya
    Free Member

The whole Adobe business model is the reader is free but you pay to create/edit (edit although as above now Word and Mac/iOS Pages let you create)

I mark up pdf on iPad using the excellent iAnnotate (£25 I think I paid years ago), well worth it even thiugh Mac programms like Preview can do similarish for free

V8_shin_print
    Free Member

Do you need to edit what’s already in the document or just overlay additional text (form filling, comments, etc)? Foxit Reader can do the later. I use SumatraPDF as a reader as it’s very lightweight and fast.

beanum

Nuance Power PDF Standard seems pretty good and is cheaper than Adobe. We’ve bought one license at work and we’re testing it…

Nuance Power PDF

bencooper
    Free Member

Cheers all, I’ll try them out – it’s just filling in forms.

gobuchul
    Free Member

Foxit do some good programs, from a free reader to a few different editor type programs.

I find them far easier to use than the Adobe versions.

zilog6128

If you’re on a Mac, PDF Expert is good

on a Mac, Preview (part of the OS) will do this, no extra software required! In fact it’s excellent for all kinds of PDF/image faffage.

(Doesn’t help OP, I know.)

Akers

<luddite> What ever happened to just buying software that does something and using it? </luddite>

No longer the software business model, it’s all about subscription these days…

wynne
    Free Member

Not going to help you at all, but when I used to work in the communications dept of a certain royal institution the elderly editor of one of our in-house magazines asked me for a quiet word one day. She’d heard that we going to be employing paedophiles. It took a few seconds for the penny to drop, and all was smoothed out. Within a few weeks she was creating her own paedophiles on her new Mac.

sirromj

NitroPDF is also a good one for form-filling PDFs.

twicewithchips
    Free Member

Acrobat Reader DC allows form filling, signing, saving and printing thereafter. Works OK for me on Win10 – and it was free.

gavjackson1984
    Free Member

http://www.sejda.com. Free online version if you don’t save over 5 PDF edits an hr.

lorax

zilog6128 – Member
    on a Mac, Preview (part of the OS) will do this, no extra software required! In fact it’s excellent for all kinds of PDF/image faffage.

Preview is good, and better than PDF Expert at some things, but PDF Expert allows one to edit the original text in a PDF, and do other stuff, that Preview can’t do

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Nitro, brilliant software.

Great for pdf editing too.

centralscrutinizer
    Free Member

Nitro pdf is what I use. Seems ok.

Primo pdf is good as well.

takisawa2

Adobe Acrobat Reader DC.
    Filling in forms, adding your signature (scanned in beforehand), once saved they are embedded. I’ve set up a few processes at work where A hyperlink to a file is emailed round, people then go in & add their signatures.

Or adding comments that can be removed. Even pasting images in. It’s the software I use most these days.
    Creating PDF from Office is as easy as Save_as these days.
    On the odd occasion I need to add to a PDF I use Primo PDF printer, works well is simple to l use.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a PDF program’ is closed to new replies.