Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Recommend me an…….. office chair
  • grum
    Free Member

Without spending a fortune (ideally no more than £100). Anyone got anything good off ebay? There’s loads on there.

Thanks.

zilog6128

Could do worse than popping into your local Staples. They have loads under £100, plus you can test them out. I actually got some decent advice re: chairs from there which surprised me!

Although I actually ended up getting some dirt cheap in the end from a local business which was closing down. Plenty of that happening unfortunately.

argyle
    Free Member

buy anything cheap and second hand then buy one of these http://www.backjoyeurope.com/2013/shop/index.php?cat=sit
    it’s like getting a human scale chair but on a tramps budget

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Clobber
    Free Member

Recaro?

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

I got one from Staples. High back with mesh. Hieght adjustable and tiltable with tilt lock out. Very comfortable…

BUT

within six months if I leant back in the chair it sunk to the lowest setting as the air leaked out of the piston. Right pita now and I ma trying to workl out if it is serviceable.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

I bought a humanscale freedom task chair in a second hand office furniture suppliers. Several hundred pounds worth of office chair for a just over a hundred quid. Never been used, still had the delivery wrapping and labels on.

I got mine from this place. stock varies a lot as do prices depending upon how much they’ve got in and how quickly they need to shift it on. I think you get a better deal by visiting and poking around as it’s a real jumble sale of a shop. When I got mine I tried a couple of shabby looking chairs and wasn’t so keen and then fella mentioned that he had a virtually new one knocking about upstairs if I wanted that for the same price.

granny_ring

Watching this thread, need a new one soon.

Bought one from Staples a few years ago, all seemed fine for a while then one by one the wheels started to break. Will have a look at what they have now but a bit wary of the quality.

grum
    Free Member

Thanks folks. ‘human scale on a tramps budget’ sounds good. 🙂

Nothing too exciting in that discount place right now but I’ll keep an eye out.

Any more recommendations? There’s a load of Eames replicas on ebay some of which look quite nice – don’t know about the quality.

TooTall
    Free Member

Find your local used office furniture emporiums and call in more frequently. I’m buying more of everything second hand now and you can get much more for your money if you just look about a bit more.

huckleberryfatt
    Free Member

I’m currently parked on a swiss ball—cheap and back-friendly 🙂

schrickvr6
    Free Member
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me an…….. office chair’ is closed to new replies.