Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Recommend me a non biking holiday
  • piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Requirements:
    Summer holiday
    Nice weather – not bonkers hot though
    Beach / pool relaxing & mucking about in
    Local scenery / places of interest things to see/do
    Not too far away (max 4 1/2 hours on a plane)
    Not too busy
    Will be two teenagers and myself & the Mrs

Thanks

KingofBiscuits
    Free Member

Turkey?
    Greek island hopping?
    Morocco?
    Tunisia?
    Skegness?

Mackem

Northern Spain?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Hebden Bridge?
    Greece for the history/culture/beaches & riots

dannybgoode

Croatia is really nice. Like Italy without the expense and still quite untouristy but with good amenities.

Cheers

Danny B

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Learn to sail holiday?
    1 week learning to sail, but hotel based in the evenings. Also time to check out local stuff, muck around and do other water stuff. Then 1 week island hopping in a flotilla. Only problem is the week spent in a boat can be a bit cramped – not sure how the teenagers would feel about being cooped up with the adults, or vice versa. Neilson do them – search for “villa flotilla”. You come out with a RYA qualification at the end too.

john_drummer
    Free Member

Shame about the “not too far” bit. I was going to suggest a road trip through the Canadian Rockies

Maybe a trip to a travel agents?

McHamish
    Free Member

Rhodes Old Town.

It’s one of the few lived in Medieval towns, and is full to the rafters of history.

We stayed in a 4 star hotel called Mitsis Petit Palais (round the corner from the 5 star Mitsis Grand Hotel). We stayed about 2/3 years ago for a fortnight and didn’t get bored of the AI food. The pool is small but it wasn’t bad.

The best thing is that it’s walking distance to the old town, and you can spend days wondering about the streets reading about the crusades etc.

It’s walking distance to the beach, but it’s not the best beach IIRC.

ElShalimo

Galicia, NW Spain
    Everything on your list and much much more
    You’ll need a little bit of Spanish vocab though

29erKeith
    Free Member

another vote for Croatia

we had an amazing few weeks on Korcula with a day trip to Debrovnik

freddyg
    Free Member

Sardinia is a nice place to visit. Good weather, not too far away, good food, not too touristy.

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

We’re off to Croatia at the end of July.

Dubrovnik area will give you loads of stuff to do.

hammerite
    Free Member

Majorca, Pollensa or Soller area.

Hire car, day trip in the mountains/Lluc/Formentor/Soller. Day trip to Palma too.

Last time we were there temps were fine, time before that it was bonkers hot. But anywhere Mediterranean could be like that.

….and if you did want to get a bike for a day, plenty of places to hire from.

mogrim

The coast near Girona.

lemonysam
    Free Member

Ardeche?

craigxxl
    Free Member

The coast near Girona.

Costa Brava. The Catalan area of Spain is great hence why we are going back again this year.

We had toyed with Croatia as we’ve heard nice things about there too. Anyone driven there before?

dannyh
    Free Member

Skiathos.

My absolute favourite week to ten days chilling holiday.

Quite hot, but not as silly hot as a lot of greek islands. Gorgeous food. Quiet island with a few nice bars in the main town and cracking fish restaurant.

I would have recommended Santorini as well, but half of the island has black sand on the beaches so you cannot walk barefoot on them, and every nice restaurant in the spectacular settings is full of loud-mouthed obnoxious russians.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a non biking holiday’ is closed to new replies.