• This topic has 56 replies, 39 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by paton.
Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • recommend me a nice metal roadie frame
  • boxelder

Skinnymalinky
    Ignore that – not discs

Don’t look at this then!

David’s Skinnymalinky disc by Shand, on Flickr

End of thread. 🙂

mrblobby
    Free Member

I do like that Shand. Though a lot of other very nice options for that sort of price. Someone in our local road club got a rather lovely fillet brazed custom with a lovely one off paint job from SvenCycles for less.This one…

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Most lovely metal bike ever. Baum Coretto.

I’ll need to be hit by another 3 cars to afford a Baum… 😉

schmiken

They are bonkers price, but just soooooo nice. The issue is having the cash to put appropriate parts on! No Ultegra or Force deserves to be on that frame…

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

These look good. You can get them in any colour you like aswell. There’s also a couple in black on sale.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/vp72eH]veloheld.icon bordeauxviolett[/url] by veloheld, on Flickr

TimothyD
    Free Member

Deleted my idea so that I might get to buy it from ebay instead 😉

davidj

The Mason is the most obvious match and oh so pretty. More leftfield..

or ignoring most of the criteria, Mr Pink:

senorj

The Shand skinnymalink is lush.
    Mr Taylforth’s condor resembles a gate. 😉

brooess
    Free Member

+1 for Condor.

I have a non-disc Fratello as my winter bike – had it for 3 years now and no desire to ever buy anything else.

Best thing IMO about Condor is you get a free bike fit and get to build up the exact spec you want – so you don’t get upgraditis or find things wearing out after a year – so even though initial price isn’t cheap the net cost over a few years is way cheaper…

+ you’re supporting a properly independent LBS who put money back into the sport sponsoring their race team

birdage

[url=https://flic.kr/p/P6fiWy]side_view[/url] by Matthew Bird, on Flickr

Lifetime warranty
    GRADIENT T325//AR
    REILLY CYCLEWORKS

bikebouy
    Free Member

Festka XCr?

TiRed

I’d go for a different metal and pick titanium. Moots are probably the longest standing artisans. Or seven.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Equilibrium Disc 953

Have seen one. Have want.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

I’d go for a different metal and pick titanium. Moots are probably the longest standing artisans. Or seven.

I’m a Ti fanboi from BITD (used to have an original Lynskey Litespeed Obed where everything that could be Ti was – Dean Ti post, Titec bar and stem, SX-Ti forks etc etc) so am all about Moots and Seven. Sadly my budget, whilst elastic, might struggle to stretch that far! Comtat have a fantastic build Sartorial as an ex-demo half price (so £4200), but it looks too big for me 🙄

Enjoying the shopping and plenty of ideas. Like the non-disc Skinny malinky and whilst their stock sizes don’t work for me (my P+J which is all-day-comfortable has a 55cm ETT, the Shand has 54 or 56) they seem to do custom at no extra cost?

shandcycles
    Free Member

Like the non-disc Skinny malinky and whilst their stock sizes don’t work for me (my P+J which is all-day-comfortable has a 55cm ETT, the Shand has 54 or 56) they seem to do custom at no extra cost?

Yes, all Skinnys include custom fit/sizing at no additional cost.

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

not strictly road but for what its worth i was rather taken with a ritchey swiss cross, canti version, in a bike shop the other day. i had never seen one, it was lovely.

swiss cross loveliness

paton
    Free Member

Have you considered a frame building course?
    You can end up with a unique frame, built by your self.

and….

“Tom Ritchey said he was really impressed by the way we teach and the results we get. Here he’s asking Andrew how he coached David (our student) to produce such a great fillet braze…”

https://www.facebook.com/TheBicycleAcademy/

Design and build it yourself could be an option.

https://bohemianbicyclesfaq.wordpress.com/

Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)

The topic ‘recommend me a nice metal roadie frame’ is closed to new replies.