Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Recommend me a new wireless ADSL router
  • breatheeasy
    Free Member

Time for a new one, may as well make it wireless-n or ac.

Anyone got any recommendations? It’ll be mostly t’internet (hence ADSL requirement), streaming music around (not movies yet…) and sharing NAS data. Obviously Mrs Breathe would like a nice looking router 🙄

H1ghland3r
    Free Member

Have a look at:

ADSL Router

Seems to be widely regarded as just about the best router for getting the most out of your ADSL line.
    For example, according to BT I can expect, at most 4-5Mb on my line, with fiddling I was able to get 7Mb with my old Draytek router, after getting the non WiFi version of the above router I am now on a rock solid 10Mb.
    While speaking to a BT engineer about an unrelated problem I mentioned this and he was astonished that I was getting anywhere close to that on my line.

H1ghland3r
    Free Member

Oh and incase it’s an option for you, it will also act as the router if you upgrade to Fibre.
    Just a shame it looks like a albino housebrick!! 🙂 Maybe Mrs Breathe can put a nice houseplant on it or something.!!

crmcc
    Free Member

H1ghland3r what exactly did you do with your router to achieve that. I have the same and have been pleased with it.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a new wireless ADSL router’ is closed to new replies.