Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Recommend me a new (smart) wallet please.
  • MoseyMTB
    Free Member

So I’ve always had skater brand wallets and loved them, billabong etc, and I still do.

However, I went to a smart do the other night and pulling out a blue checked wallet seemed a bit inappropriate.

I’d really like something for everyday, must have a zip for coins, but that is smart enough for evening do’s and weddings too.

Anybody got any recommendations?

chrssmale
    Free Member

Always a good choice down TKMax

grantway
    Free Member
    wolly
    Free Member

http://31trum.tumblr.com something a bit special he made me one last year and it’s brilliant

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

That last link looks great. I fancy something special.

Think I’ll drop him a mail.

TK Maxx will get a visit too in the meantime.

CountZero

However, I went to a smart do the other night and pulling out a blue checked wallet seemed a bit inappropriate.

Seriously? You really care about what others think about your wallet? 🙄

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Here we go ;-), did I say that?

I just thought I’d like something smarter for me, nobody else.

wrecker
    Free Member

Home

Ive had mine over a year now. It has a beautiful patina. Lovely things.

core

I know it’s nice to think you don’t give a shit what others think, but people do, all the time. I can see how whipping out a skater boy wallet could make you feel a bit embarrassed, if it’s coming out of a suit jacket or in certain company.

Go for leather, similar colour to the shoes and/or belt you wear most………

smatkins1
    Free Member

+1 for TK Maxx

You have to do some digging to find one which will accommodate coins though.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Yeah Core, it was more I’d like something smarter for me for the occasions and situations.

Thanks for the examples and ideas some great ones to look at.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

A proper gentleman’s wallet does not have a coin pocket.

Now, get on to Picketts and buy something decent.

🙂

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

If I bought one from Picketts there’s be no money left to need a wallet for 😉

titusrider
    Free Member

Paul smith for me, lovely leather, smart subtle printing (often cycling related)

no coin pocket either, notes and cards and as few receipts as possible

Would have been the perfect Christmas present!

nealglover
    Free Member

I’d rather be seen with a pink fluffy hello kitty wallet, than a wallet with a coin purse built in 🙂

eruptron
    Free Member

nealglover – Member
    I’d rather be seen with a pink fluffy hello kitty wallet, than a wallet with a coin purse built in

Beat me to it 🙂

must have a zip for coins

That would be a purse and they are for the laaaaddy.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Ha ha fair enough. Maybe I’ll try something new and keeps coins in the pocket. Makes sense as the wallet will be thinner.

I’ll have a look tomorrow whilst I’m out buying a new goose down duvet. Gosh 2014 has changed me ha.

andy7t2
    Free Member

Fossil do a few nice ones not sure about the zip pocket though

kimbers

oakley and fox do leather wallets

househusband

I don’t get this gents wallet with coins; that makes it a ladies purse – coins in one pocket and cards/notes in another.

Aspinals or 31trum best so far!

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

My problem is my phone is in one pocket and wallet the other, I don’t want keys, coins etc scratching my phone.

I’ve got a case on it but somehow I still always scratch it.

Think thin wallet for cards and notes and coins in same pocket is the way forward.

billytinkle
    Free Member

Dunhill biometric if you’re feeling flush and really want to show off.

perthmtb
    Free Member

My faux leather smartphone case has a couple of credit card pockets and a deep one for banknotes. Although I doubted I could survive without the hundreds of things I used to stuff into my old wallet, I’ve actually found phone, driving licence, one credit/debit card, and a few bucks is all you need in 99% of situations these days (and that included a recent foreign business trip/holiday). If only I could open my front door and start the car with my phone as well, then I wouldn’t need keys either!

And for those who worry about an ‘all eggs in one basket’ situation if you lose it, the fact you’ve only got one thing to carry instead of two actually makes it much easier to remember and to keep an eye on so its not stolen.

Not mine, but a similar one from the interweb…

trevron73
    Free Member

My wife bought me a Lamborghini wallet when we on holidays in Spain 4 years ago, black leather crocodile embossed design, silver Branded accents, feels like im a serious player every time i use it .

makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

Seriously? You really care about what others think about your wallet?

I felt the same, networking at a black tie do and pulling out my otherwise awesome ‘skater wallet’.

nealglover
    Free Member

My problem is my phone is in one pocket and wallet the other, I don’t want keys, coins etc scratching my phone.

If you buy men’s trousers, they will also have back pockets.

That’s where a wallet lives 😉

Unless you are wearing a suit obviously.

Travis

I use a Rapha Essentials case.
    It’s really nice and soft in the pocket.

ThePilot
    Free Member

http://bellroy.com/
    Someone posted a link to these a while back.
    I haven’t bought one yet but am planning to.
    There are even ones with coins pockets 😉

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a new (smart) wallet please.’ is closed to new replies.