Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Recommend me…. a new phone
  • perthmtb
    Free Member

So my trusty old Nokia 6120 has finally died, after many dents/cracks/scratches from being bashed around in a saddlebag and occasionally dropped in the middle the road/trail. Thought I’d go for something a bit more rugged this time around. Don’t need all that iPhone ‘functionality’ just a basic 3G phone so I can use my existing plan, but that will last a bit longer with the abuse I give it. Any suggestions….

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Does this thread help at all? Know it’s more about contracts but has a few comments.
    http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/please-recommend-me-a-mobile-phone-contract

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Haven’t read the linked thread, but I have a Motorola Defy – android smartyphone. So far has survived being droped in a pint (“look, it’s even beer proof” splash “ehhh, i hope”), dropped several times, left on the car roof (drove off, where’s the phone, thump thump ohhhhhh shhhht), dropped in salt water a couple of times. i’ve also seen one spend 20 minutes rattling round the bottom of a RIB at speed at sea and still working. Amazingly, it gets a clean every so often and it scrubs up like new, even the glass.
    It does some smartphoney stuff as well.

soma_rich
    Free Member

another vote for the defy. Gorilla glass does seem indestructible.

perthmtb
    Free Member

Thanks for the suggestions guys – the Defy sure looks good, but a bit outta my price range, and I don’t really need the Android/smartphone functionality. Instead have just ordered a Samsung B2710 which is IP67 waterproof/dustproof, has compass/GPS functions and a built in LED torch… Will report back if its any good once I’ve had a chance to abuse it for a few months.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me…. a new phone’ is closed to new replies.