• This topic has 17 replies, 17 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Euro.
Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Recommend me a new hoover (or vacuum cleaner if you're pedantic)
  • richardkennerley

We’ve got a vax upright which is basically knackered in roughly a year. Flimsy bits broke off in no time and now there’s a massive loss of power.

Would prefer an upright over a Henry, so do we just get a Dyson? There one at curry’s for £250, don’t really want to spend that much but if it’s going to last longer…..

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Henry works well but falls over a lot and tends not to follow the schnozzle when lead…. Good value but not good for those with a strength disability or who have trouble bending over to pick up it.

garage-dweller

I’d vote Henry too.

We also have an older Dyson upright. This is also good.

Henry is also loads better for hoovering bike mud out of the car…

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Many Vax vacuums have a 6 year g’tee and customer support is not bad.

matts
    Free Member

Miele C3.

They constantly get top reviews from Which, and end users.

The one we had broke after 8 years and I had no hesitation about buying another.

Bushy

A dyson will have a 5 year guarantee. But if brand new ones are too much they have refurbished ones here Ebay with a 2 year guarantee.

nickjb
    Free Member

Our current set up is a Dyson hand held for general cleaning the house and a Henry (well actually one of his older, bigger brothers) for diy stuff. The hand held is a revelation. Makes cleaning up so much easier. Got ours from the eBay outlet store which should put it in budget.

Mintman
    Free Member

I’ve got a Shark Liftaway and recommend it. Went From Dyson and felt their prices just kept going up. It’s got lots of clever tricks and a hypoallergenic rated filter thingy and it seems to be great – no longer see the need to pay the premium for a Dyson.

mark90
    Free Member

His and hers vacuums in this house. I have a Henry for ‘man’ hoovering, she has a Vax, cos it was light 🙄 Next time I’m putting my foot down and she’s having a Sebo.

Greybeard
    Free Member

+1 for Sebo. Seem to have had it for ages and it just works.

frankconway

+1 for Sebo

jonnyrockymountain

Sebo, all day long

igm

Dyson is a leaver / anti-Europe which would influence me.

mlbaker
    Free Member

+1 for Henry

Gary_M
    Free Member

Another vote for sebo, we always had dysons right from the DC01, switched to a sebo and it’s far better. Just a proper vacuum cleaner that works, no gimmicks.

walowiz

Cant believe I am posting this on a mtb forum…. but we’ve just replaced our second Dyson ball model – whatever’s it was, with a Shark liftaway, only had it a few months, but it is superb – much better than the Dysons we’ve had, IIRC its 199 from Argos, John Lewis, wont be going back to Dyson for quite some time.

Just re-read this and don’t want to come acrosss as a Dyson hater, they were really good & innovative quite a few years ago, but prices keep going up, and there are (much) better models from other manufacturers around now.

Murray

Are cordless ones worth having? The idea seems to be little and often.

Euro
    Free Member

Had a Dyson upright as a parents hand-me-down. Good sucker but it was brittle. Have a Henry, also good sucker but makes you sweat and it’s crap at moving about. Can’t even roll over it’s own cord without falling over – dick! Bigger wheels required so relegated to the shed. Good lady got a Dyson Animal. Probably still brittle and has a tiny belly, but it’s really handy. Great suck, no cord and very light. The kids even offer to do the hoovering it’s so easy and fun?

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a new hoover (or vacuum cleaner if you're pedantic)’ is closed to new replies.