Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • recommend me a new "adventure" game for PS3.
  • organic355
    Free Member

I need a new game to get me through the holidays along the lines of tomb raider / unchartered.

Was looking at Vanquish, Enslaved, castlevania and the god of war series

Heard there may also be a new tomb raider on the way?

Maybe star wars 2 (Force unleashed), but I got stuck on the first one trying to bring down the star destroyer and gave up!!

any other recommendations?

GW
    Free Member

Have you DL the enslaved demo? I thought it was rubbish, felt like a Ratchet and Clank game but with adult graphics to me = dull repetative nonsense (but I suppose the full game could be a bit better)
    9yr old has Starwars force unleashed 2 and loves it but it’s very easy and from watching (not played it) IMO seems incredibly repetative. (I’m not a StarWars geek tho)

Have you considered Batman Arkham Asylum? – it’s ultimately a very polished moody beat-em-up adventure but has a half decent story line and does actually have some challenging bits and plenty of variation in game play. in many ways it reminded me of a cross between tombraider/metalgear solid/spiderman – should be pretty cheap now too.

don’t have either of these but uncharted/assasins creed always seems to be recomended so are on my “will eventually get” list.

PS – in Tombraider underworld what are you meant to do under the sea at the start? – 8 yr old daughter has it and has no idea what the hell she’s looking for

Cougar

Mate of mine was frothing about Hard Rain (or something – Black Rain? maybe) the other day. Reckoned it was one of the best-plotted games he’d ever played.

King-ocelot
    Free Member

Red dead redemption. It’s not so much along the lines of the games you listed as it’s free roaming, but it’s got some great exploration and set pieces. The storyline is well acted with twisted chatacters offering a unique take on wild west sterotypes. You can hunt, seek treasure, race horses and forage for plants (not as boring as it sounds) as sidelines to the main story.

Fallout New Vegas has a good offering of adventure, you can play it third person if that’s more your bag. Can get repetetive but it’s only £20ish at the moment. Might not offer the adreneline type gameplay of uncharted.

Cougar

Ah, I forgot about Grand Theft Horsey. Playing that on’t Xbox at the moment.

King-ocelot
    Free Member

It’s good isn’t it cougar, I found it a little easy, usually dying down to my own stupidity and attempts at rick climbing than enemies shooting me. For me it’s been game of the year, I loved the original and was dubious about this one being too much like grand theft auto wearing a 10 gallon hat, but I think rockstar took the best navigation elements and refined the action. I enjoy going to ‘cougar path’ and knife fighting them then selling thier skins.

billybob
    Free Member

I’ve just finished Arkham Asylum – quality game, I’d recommend it.

Don’t forget you download demo’s from the store – I’ve had a look at both Enslaved & Star Wars Force Unleashed 2, Enslaved seems better.

I’ve also got to start Dead Space which looks quite fun – I started when I bought my ps3 a year ago but it scared me too much… so I’m going to give it another go now.

Also Red Dead Redemption Undead the one with zombies is about £20 in ASDA.

Cougar

The irony of being attacked by cougars isn’t lost on me. (-:

Single biggest cause of death for me is it automatically equipping the knife when skinning, then subsequently going into a firefight armed with nothing but a a pointy stick and harsh language.

organic355
    Free Member

isnt red ded redemtion just Grand theft auto in the wild west? I got a bit bored with GTA after a while, drive here doa mission drive home, get another mission etc etc etc. Maybe i will pick that back up.

Ive just discovered the special OPs misions on modern warfare 2 so they should keep me going for a while, and am half way through Heavy rain too.

Cougar

That’s pretty much exactly what it is, but it’s one of the better ones. I loved GTA around Vice City days, but both San Andreas and GTA4 left me cold. RDR is a lot of fun.

stuartlangwilson
    Free Member

There is a zombie version too, anything with zombies in is ace.

King-ocelot
    Free Member

It’s so much more than GTA in the west. The storyline is supberb with some great twists. The last great GTA was vice city, the newer titles are too repetative.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘recommend me a new "adventure" game for PS3.’ is closed to new replies.