Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Recommend me a new £1k bike (Cycle2work scheme)
  • essexbiker
    Free Member

My employer has just joined the cycle2work scheme so I could be in the market for a new bike 😀 Need some guidance from the STW collective on what to go for.

I’ve already got a 26″ carbon hardtail for XC/racing and a 26″ full sus for trial centres and the like. I live in an area which is pretty flat and local riding is mainly confined to roads, local bridleways and the odd blast around Danbury woods. I’m thinking a cyclocross bike with disc brakes (something like Planet X XLS SRAM Apex Cyclocross Bike) could fit the bill. Tempt me with other suggestions

6079smithw
    Free Member

Has to be a fatbike

spyke85
    Free Member

Ribble Gran Fondo with Ultegra £999.

benp1

Beware – planet x/on one charge an admin fee on top

spyke85
    Free Member

PS, didn’t see the offroady bit 😉

essexbiker
    Free Member

Thanks benp1 I wasn’t aware of that

faz71

Take a look at the Cube Cross Race-for £995 it’s got a very good spec. Have had mine for a couple of weeks now and I’m chuffed to bits with it.

hardupdad
    Free Member

How about the GT Grade 105 with hydraulic trp brakes? £999

chestrockwell

Has to be a fatbike

Why?

ScottChegg
    Free Member

Why?

Nichewhore bullseye.

I’ve been considering an Orange Clockwork; but I’m not that convinced there is much of a saving with C2W

chestrockwell

My mate got a On One Parkwood with a £999.99 RRP. Even after On One took a 10% admin charge he saved over £200. It was less then £700 without the charge so well worth it as long as your scheme doesn’t have a daft final payment.

essexbiker
    Free Member

hardupdad – good catch on the GT Grade 105 – I like the brakes and 105 groupset but for the same cash the Planet X offers a carbon frame – anyone ridden either of these?

chestrockwell – I had a On One Scandal v2 built up witha good spec and it was just boring to ride – I like a bit of pop in my bikes so apprehensive about another 29er. Has anyone ridden both bikes?

essexbiker
    Free Member

Bump for the Friday crowd

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a new £1k bike (Cycle2work scheme)’ is closed to new replies.