Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Recommend me a MTB Helmet for small heads
  • tacopowell
    Free Member

I’ve a pin head and my 2 year old Giro Hex has had it’s fair share of light knocks and the head clamp part is shot.

Question is should I just order another Hex or are there any recommendations for a MTB helmet for smaller heads that won’t make me look like Toad from Mariokart?!

tacopowell
    Free Member

Looks pretty sweet, A little over my budget though, I’ll certainly try it on.

georgecats_0
    Free Member

Same problem, iv got a pin head too, just bought a met crackerjack, which I realised afterwards was a kids helmet, not quite as comfortable as my hex,but only worn it a couple of times, not sure how it looks when on, but my piss taking mates havnt really mentioned it, so it can’t be that bad, come in nice garish colours too, about ,,£30 ,on ebay new

curiousyellow
    Free Member

I have a small POC Trabec. I got it in one of the PSAs, but you may find one of the older models knocking about cheap somewhere.

timber

Got a TSG Substance that seems to go pretty small, suits my 54cm head anyway.

maccruiskeen

If you’re looking at the budget end of the market and don’t mind a pisspot style helmet and a slightly endure ‘colorway’ then these folk are good for smaller sizes

fooman

Look at childrens helmets, big brands like Giro make good ones that are half the price of their adult versions.

tacopowell
    Free Member

these folk are good for smaller sizes

Sold!

acidchunks

Recently bought a specialized tactic 2. fits & looks better than the small hex it replaced. Padding isn’t as good though.

rockhopper70

Another mention for the crackerjack. I have bought one for my son who is around a 53cm circumference, too small for the bell stoker in medium but the crackerjack fits him well.
    We got the Orange shell with cyan peak, proper enduro.
    It also has an integrated led light in the cradle adjuster knob, which is neat.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a MTB Helmet for small heads’ is closed to new replies.