Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • Recommend me a motorbike
  • mboy
    Free Member

However the one big issue with it is tank range. It only did 80miles and the fuel light would come on.

18L tank same as my size as my 08 RSV1000R. You must be seriously gunning it and revelling in the V4’s power, or the fuel warning light is very pessimistic! I’m getting 130 miles or so til the light comes on from full on my RSV without particularly trying, on a bike known to be a little thirsty. How many tanks of fuel do you get to a back tyre? 3? 4? 😉 😆

That said, if you want a bike to go touring on, you buy a more touring orientated bike with a bigger tank, hence my previous comment about the awesome (but sadly long out of production) Falco with its slightly detuned Mille motor and 21L tank giving 160+ mile range. My VFR800 was awesome in that respect though, sure gun it and it’d only just get 140 out of a tank, but cruising at motorway and dual carriageway speeds would see 200 miles between fills from the 20L tank.

Tuono V4 is a cracking bike, hadn’t pictured it as much of a tourer, but I’d like one of them

You can tour on anything, just depends where and how much by, you are prepared to compromise! Personally I’d always prefer something that’s still going to be a lot of fun when you get to the twisties, over and above something that’s super comfortable getting there but not much fun when you do.

CountZero

Part of me rather fancies a motorbike, my brother’s been a biker since he was legally able to ride one, nearly got killed on his Bandit 1200, but still riding. Sadly, no funds available to go down that route, but that KTM 990SMT is exactly the sort of bike I’d aspire to!

Is that what’s known as pegging it?

Bikingcatastrophe
    Free Member

I had a much smaller budget but similar requirements. I went for the Honda CBF1000. If I had your budget then it would have been no contest: Triumph Tiger Sport 1050. Both bikes felt just right for what I wanted and although I do really like the Honda I would have preferred the Triumph.

weeksy

I’m just in the process of buying a Sprint ST 1050… It will be up for sale in a few weeks when i get back from a trip and will be the cheapest 1050 about.

Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a motorbike’ is closed to new replies.