Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Recommend me a mirror for my road bike please
  • Recycler
    Free Member

Hi all
    Following a retina detachment, I now have limited vision in my right eye, so need something to assist my vision on my right side.
    Any mirror recommendations for my drop bars?
    Thanks

jackthedog
    Free Member

Never fancied anything on my bars, but these look good

http://road.cc/content/review/28706-bike-eye-bike-mirror

jota180
    Free Member

These look good, no idea what they’re like though

http://www.avt.bike/WebStore/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=MIRROR

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Recycler
    Free Member

Thanks Jack and Jota

Anymore from anyone?

houndlegs
    Free Member

I had one of those bike eye mirrors when I started road riding cos I wasn’t too confident looking over my shoulder at the start.
    They’re pretty good for letting you know nothing is too close,so then you can look over your shoulder without worrying too much about wobbling.
    But after about a year mine got water inside it and the mirror went all brown and it was useless then.

Recycler
    Free Member

Bimp for any more please?

bigG
    Free Member

A lad in our club uses one of those bar end mirrors and he swears by it. Looks a much neater solution than anything else IMO. I’ve not used one though so I can’t give you a first hand recommendation.

G

Kahurangi

I have a little Zefal ‘spy’ mirror on the spacers below the stem. Gives me a view between my legs of traffic a good distance away.

Probably not particularly what you’re after but a great addition nonetheless.

riddoch

I’ve had the bike eye and they are alright but have quite a narrow field of view (you can have it for postage).
    I got on better with, I think it was a cateye, helmet mounted one. It was a bit loose so moved position of you hit a bump but was better view wise.

jkomo

I had one that strapped to the hood of my shifters. Took it off in the end, too much vibration, couldn’t see out of it, was dangerous in the end as I was trying to adjust it all the time.
    I’d try a helmet or down tube one.
    Mind you it’s in my garage still, I’ll send it you to try if you want, you might be able to mod it.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a mirror for my road bike please’ is closed to new replies.