Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Recommend me a Long Sleeve Rodie top…..
  • alandavidpetrie79
    Free Member

MTBer through & through, or so I thought………

Planning on doing a fair bit of road cycling too, but all my kit is MTB stuff.

Managed to bag a pair of DHB 3 / 4 bibs off here the other night, so bottom half sorted 🙂

Also have a pair of MTB spd’s & shoes that will do.

Just need a top, quite fancy a Specialized Eureka, but wondered if the STW massive had any other recommendations…..

Thanks in advance,

Alan.

Gary_M
    Free Member

How much do you want to spend? Castelli make very good kit, probably the best road kit I’ve used.

warton
    Free Member

Castelli stuff is very good. As is Craft. I lIke my Rapha long sleeve top, but no doubt someone will tell you I’m an idiot in a bit

crikey
    Free Member

Given the changeable weather we have in this tropical paradise, I would suggest a short sleeve top, some arm warmers and a gilet.

Arm warmers are much of a muchness, ‘roubaix’ lycra is a bit warmer than plain lycra, and gilets are available in a load of different weights and styles, from thin little windstopper fronted things to full thickness front and rear.

Coupled with a few different weights of baselayer, that should see you through the year.

crikey
    Free Member

Then you can start to collect stuff….

alandavidpetrie79
    Free Member

Oh, budget – that is a good point! 😕

£40 – £50.

nickc

That’s a “habit” right there that is crikey… 😀

fubar
    Free Member

I’ve been happy with my Altura tops – good value for money and don’t look quite as ridiculous as I would in some team replica lycra.

grantyboy
    Free Member

Have a look at DHB on Wiggle

roadie_in_denial
    Free Member

I just bought one of these long sleeve tops from endura. They’re pretty lightweight and have a windproof front so if it’s warm but not warm enough for a short sleeved top I wear it with a SS base layer. If it’s cold then I wear it over a thermal woolen top.

Hope that helps.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Okay that’s castelli and rapha out then.

crikey
    Free Member

🙂

That’s the contents of two drawers, I have another 3….

I’ve got a bit of an issue with bike gear!

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

+1 for Endura FS-260

Windproof front, roubaix style fluffy bits elsewhere. I wear mine on it’s own on warm days, or as a jacket over a base layer when it’s really cold.

warton
    Free Member

if thats your budget I’d say you can’t go wrong with dhb

alandavidpetrie79
    Free Member

I said that was the budget…… could probably push it a little, do like the look of the FS-260.

scotroutes

Have a squint in Decathlon. I got a couple of long-sleeved tops for touring last year and got the pair for £50.

TiRed

Pearl Izumi. Should find some reasonable sale items at the moment. Comes in a variety of cuts and weights.

Don’t get too thick. The best thing you can buy after a long sleeved jersey is a gilet. Get the two together.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a Long Sleeve Rodie top…..’ is closed to new replies.