Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Recommend me a lock to leave at work
  • MoreCashThanDash

Our new office location means I no longer have the protection of a brick building in a compound surrounded by 8 feet high railings and with ex-army guards checking everyone going in and out the site, so I need a better work lock!

Thinking of a long cable that I can wrap round the frame and both wheels and then secure to the bike rack with something like a D-lock. The site is open to the public but the bike rack is opposite the security centre, so needs to be secure but not "left on the station railings all day" secure. I'll leave the lock and cables there all the time, so need to be reliable and weather proof as well.

What does the panel recommend please?

warpcow
    Free Member

If you're leaving it then a chain is the best bet. A good marine padlock'll take most conditions and attacks.

steve_b77
    Free Member

I've got an ON-guard Pit-bull, frikkin heavy but very strong, left my bike locked up on the merry streets of London for a working day with no worries

tthew

I went for the Onguard Rottweiler, it's a bit more flexible than the D lock types, but it's really hefty. Good price on e-bay here.and they have D-lock and coil combo's at the same shop.

(I'm a quite a regular buyer from them, no financial interest, but they are terrific to deal with as well)

TooTall
    Free Member

Kryptonite New York M18 – E-Bay seller has a couple for a good price. You know you've bought a solid lock – highly recommended over a chain as well.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a lock to leave at work’ is closed to new replies.