Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • recommend me a lightweight rain proof jacket ?
  • safehandsduffy1
    Free Member

can anyone recommend me a jacket that i can put in my backpack when not raining ?(won,t be in there a lot then)thanks

gingerflash

That's an easy one. Gore Alp-X paclite.

Brilliant fabric, cut, design, everything. Not cheap but they are great.

Dino
    Free Member

Gore goretex paclite
    bit pricey but lightweight packs up really small

tang
    Free Member

pace 3×3

gingerflash

I've also tried Event but Paclite is much thinner (packs smaller, you don't boil in it ) and seems more breathable.

smurf
    Free Member

Another vote for Gore Alp X. If you are slim build I doubt you will find a better fitting jacket.

Their medium size looks like it was custom made for me. Lovely bit of kit.

smurf

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

If on a smaller budget, the Altura Reflex is great. Brilliant fit, very breathable, very waterproof.

robinbetts
    Free Member

I recently picked up a Northface DIAD jacket from the cotwald outlet store in betws-y-coed and I'm very happy with it. Great fit for riding and stupidly light and small packing! Waterproofing and breathability are great too. It's no gore-tex performance shell, but can't got that without the weight. I went for this over a Gore cycle specific gore-tex paclite jacket as it has a hood (gives it a bit more all round usfulness, and was very welcome under the helmet in a blizzard). RRP is a bit steep, but I was lucky and got it for £90.

r6ymy
    Free Member

Rab Slipstream, on offer at Go Outdoors for £60
    http://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/slipstream-jacket-p153340

Ti29er
    Free Member

HERE
    The one I have is quite excellent.
    Montane make a fair few, so take your pick .
    Paks up to the size of an orange.

breakneckspeed
    Free Member

+1 for Montane stuff – great value great function

safehandsduffy1
    Free Member

oh which one to buy ,i think it a toss up between the montane which is quite hard to find in correct size/colour/price or the north face which can be found at biscester village outlet for £100,but is a lot of money to cover in dirt/dog shite , thanks to you all for input

Ti29er
    Free Member

I put my Montane in the wash after every ride.
    2 yrs on, it's still in one piece!

GeeWavetree
    Free Member

Endura superlite

MrSynthpop
    Free Member

Can't really go wrong with the Gore but the montane kit is excellent and my Montane Velocity DT is my favourite jacket at the mo, I've got one of their windshirts as well and its incredibly light/small for the function.

You do see some montane kit on ebay from shop sellers – got my better half a womans jacket on there for a very good price – worth a look

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘recommend me a lightweight rain proof jacket ?’ is closed to new replies.