Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Recommend me a light!
  • crazyjenkins01

Thinking of replacing my Magicshine MJ-872 light light I use it on my helmet but it sits too high. Was considering getting an all in one unit as well but undecided.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Saccades
    Free Member

Something from exposure, I’ve not looked at the range for ages as my lights won’t die.

Built in batteries are ace and the support from exposure (both for the lights and at endurance events) is great.

crazyjenkins01

Seriously considering an exposure of some type as long as I got the monies! Just wondering if anything else is worth considering

Saccades
    Free Member

Don’t dismiss 2nd hand exposure, I have a racemax (ancient, still works perfectly), joystick mk5 which is old and I bought off a club mate which works perfectly and an ex-rental reflex which is more light than I will ever need.

mariner
    Free Member

Lumenator 17?

sharkattack

I’ve had an Exposure Diablo for about 5 years. Haven’t even looked at anything else in that time.

I got a very cheap, used, Hope 1 LED for the bars as a backup and for road sections but the Diablo on my head is all I’ve needed for trails.

ricardo666
    Free Member

mtb batteries or Chilli technology are my current lights

crazyjenkins01

Thanks for the suggestions. Will have a look al them tonight.
    Any other left field suggestions?

transporter13
    Free Member

I use a moon LX760 on my helmet alongside an ebay special cree handlebar light with replaced 18650 batteries… All the light i need for 5 hours of riding.

GolfChick
    Free Member

I’ve just had a replacement battery fitted to my MJ880 by mtb batteries and will now be running that on my bars and I’m going to pick up a joystick mk12 to compliment it on my helmet. Hopefully it’ll be the perfect combo.

verbboy
    Free Member

If you have the cash then Exposure is a no brainer 🙂 Bar and helmet mounted ideally. Maybe use your existing light on your bike?

crazyjenkins01

I use a set of magicshine mj880 on the bar already and they’re great. Just need something that sits lower to the helmet that’s all. Other than that I can’t fault the 872s, just the attachment issue that spoils it

pdw
    Free Member

Looks like the Moon LX760 has been replaced with the Meteor Vortex Pro (billed as 900 lumens), and I’ve just picked one up to use as a helmet light for a bargainsome £45.

I’ve not had a chance to try it in anger, but initial impressions are good. I’m slightly disappointed that although the battery is replaceable, it’s not a standard 18650, but one that’s been wrapped to put both terminals at one end, so you can’t just use any old 18650 – it has to be one of Moon’s own ones. Still the option to carry a second battery and double the run time is a big plus.

The £45 is from Merlin but it’s not listed if you search on their site (they have the non-Pro listed for £44.95). The Pro is here:

https://www.merlincycles.com/moon-vortex-pro-rechargeable-front-bike-light-103430.html

crazyjenkins01

Thanks for the input pdw

Northwind

There’s ways of mounting an 872 lower, as well

crazyjenkins01

How’d I do that North?
    Might solve the problem without buying a new light!

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a light!’ is closed to new replies.