Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Recommend me a large 29'er or 650b+ For ~£1k
  • YETIboyJAY
    Free Member

I’m looking for a trail bike that I can ride to work (14km a day urban commute) and razz about on the weekends. Large size with 120-140mm travel.

I am interested in a 29’er or maybe a ‘plus’ bike. As long as the commute is manageable I don’t mind compromising that for weekend off road fun.

I’m looking at ideally around £1k (max max £1300) and ideally from somewhere that does credit- I’d rather not slam down that much money on a second bike (my Enduro bike is my ‘main’ bike).

Any ideas?

I like the Specialized Fuse Expert but not sure if a 29’er is better.

I’ve looked at lots online but nothing is really ‘grabbing’ me…not in budget anyway!

Cheers!

renton
    Free Member

Whyte 629

YETIboyJAY
    Free Member

Thanks for the input, I’ll check that one out now

hypnonewt
    Free Member

Bianchi Methanol SX

YETIboyJAY
    Free Member

Whyte is nice but a basic spec compared to the money.

I’ll look up the Bianchi, thanks

YETIboyJAY
    Free Member

Bianchi is too XC for me sadly.

jam-bo

29r’s rule. Wish I’d gone to one sooner. I built my transition bandit for less than that.

Welcome to give it a go if you want to try one out.

spacemonkey

How about dropping the + and keeping some change with a Calibre Bossnut?

Can’t remember if a L gets round the rubbing problem.

fatmountain
    Free Member

I bought a Longitude by Genesis. Really happy with it as all owners I’ve spoken to are.

YETIboyJAY
    Free Member

Spacemonkey- the Bossnut is a good bike but not nice enough for me. I already have a pretty high spec Enduro full susser.

I’ve been looking at the Genesis, doesn’t it have a 27.2 seat tube? If so that puts me off

superstu
    Free Member

I think a Genesis Tarj rather than longitude is what you want, but only fully rigid model is in budget.

Spec Fuse is cheap but really short if the reach numbers are correct – I like a longer bike personally.

These look good? Don’t think they’ll run 29 though so it’s + only.
    Sonder Transmitter NX Eagle

YETIboyJAY
    Free Member

Thanks for the input. I really like the Tarn- sadly outnof budget and I’d struggle to source a reasonably priced Boost fork.

I couldn’t resist a bargain and bought this:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/282512705929

2017 Norco Charger 7.1. I’ll upgrade the fork to a 120mm travel Reba and fit a dropper and still only spend ~£700 all in for a fairly nice spec trail hardtail.

I’d have liked to shell out more but in reality there’s no point.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a large 29'er or 650b+ For ~£1k’ is closed to new replies.