Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Recommend me a Laptop to edit video,surf the net please
  • Lesanita2
    Free Member

Not bothered about playing games.
    I like windows 7

saw this for £464

Donation to the Forum of £10 if I buy yours instead.

(I put this on wanted section earlier, but then thought, it is probably better here)

grum
    Free Member

Are you sure you want a 17″ one? They are pretty heavy and unwieldy.

I’d get a second hand 15″ MacBook pro personally but then I prefer Macs.

Lesanita2
    Free Member

I think I’m too old to learn Macs and it would be hypocritical as I wont have an iPad/Iphone/Ipod (or a mini). I just can’t follow the trendy folk, just cos I’m wierd.

Lesanita2
    Free Member

Ok then, any 15″ recommendations?

ask1974
    Free Member

I think I’m too old to learn Macs and it would be hypocritical as I wont have an iPad/Iphone/Ipod (or a mini). I just can’t follow the trendy folk, just cos I’m wierd.

That’s just it. If you know your way around a PC a MAC is a walk in the park, about the most complicated bit is adjusting to the slightly different keyboard layout. Don’t waste a good recommendation on a fear of something new!

mogrim

My daughter edits her videos on a cheap (<300gbp) laptop I bought her over a year ago, any modern model will be fine – obviously a higher-spec machine will be faster, but if you’re not doing it everyday it won’t be a problem.

Macs have iMovie, which apparently is a decent piece of software. Windows Movie Maker is a bit limited by comparison, but there are a lot of other (free) alternatives available to make up for it. (And personally I’d never buy a Mac, but then I can’t stand MacOS, but some people seem to love it so I’m prepared to admit that it’s a personal opinion and not something laid down in stone…)

edd

For £399 you can get an iPad on which you can edit video and surf the net… 😉

Lesanita2
    Free Member

Thanks for Apple recommendations, but I can’t.

Our 2 year old laptop currently (samsung R516) crashes with windows movie maker and windows 7 if video longer than 30 mins. I’m sure there was more than 30GB harddrive available at the time.

cranberry
    Free Member

If you are not moving it around a lot ( if at all ) then a 17″ laptop is a good idea, if you need it to be portable/sit it on your lap, then something around the 15″ mark would be better.

Other than that- plenty of RAM, a reasonable sized hard drive and good processor should see you right.

grum
    Free Member

My daughter edits her videos on a cheap (<300gbp) laptop I bought her over a year ago, any modern model will be fine – obviously a higher-spec machine will be faster, but if you’re not doing it everyday it won’t be a problem.

For editing/rendering HD video if you want it not to complain too much you do want something reasonably powerful. Standard def is nowhere near as bad.

Lesanita2
    Free Member

I only do standard definition for YouTube stuff from a GoPro. There’s 4GB ram on the laptop. You’d think it would be ok.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a Laptop to edit video,surf the net please’ is closed to new replies.