Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Recommend me a labrador proof kitchen bin
  • billytinkle
    Free Member

Do they even exist??

AndyRT
    Free Member

I doubt it. If there ever was a dog that closer resembled my own love affair with food, I’d eat my hat…as long as it looked tasty.

slackalice
    Free Member

One of these will just about do it 🙂

Bear bins

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    unklehomered
    Free Member

Brabantia

We got one a while ago, not one instance of doggie squits since. He was obviously getting in much more than we realised.

russianbob
    Free Member

We have a Hailo Kickmaxx, and up until the flap spring broke a couple of weeks ago, the hound never got in it. Regarding the spring breaking, we’ve had the bin for 2.5 years, they have a 5 year warranty though so they’re sending us a brand spanker, no questions asked. Dog proof, good looking, excellent customer service. Highly recommended.

clump
    Free Member

The last two kitchens that we’ve had we had a Hailo affair built into a cupboard under the counter, which seems to have fooled them. Brabantia just got muscled over.

Never sure that it was actually our Labs that did the bin-raiding. That butterwouldntmeltinmymouth look on their faces led me to believe that another dog was sneaking in and making the mess.

miketually
    Free Member

We keep our bin in the dining room, while the dogs are shut in the kitchen when we’re out. As long as we remember to shut the door, that’s proven effective (so far).

unklehomered
    Free Member

That butterwouldntmeltinmymouth look on their faces led me to believe that another dog was sneaking in and making the mess

Angus used to get shouder deep in the bin sometimes, so much so I could sneak in right up behind him without him hearing me. Then Yell REALLY LOUD “WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU’RE DOING?” and watch him leap back, bump into me, realise the bin lid is stuck on his shoulders, send the bin flying, try to run out of the kitchen only to find the gap between the dishwasher and the cooker is too narrow for the bin lid and only then as a desperate last resort try to look totally innocent as if the bin attacked him.

Thing is the look on his face as he realised that even his looks of innocence weren’t enough always cracks me into laughter so I can’t stay angry at him.

mt
    Free Member

😆

porter_jamie

no

sorry about the original 1980’s lino, it’s disgusting…

edlong
    Free Member

Nothing helpful to offer, just popped in to say that is the best thread title I’ve seen for a while.

sandwicheater

We had to down size bins to an under the sink one fitted to the door. The little knob lab was troffing most days.

thought it would be more annoying but haven’t really missed the large bin.

petrieboy

Recycling bins in the under sink unit.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a labrador proof kitchen bin’ is closed to new replies.