Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Recommend me a killer route in the Yorkshire Moors or Dales?
  • flyingmonkeycorps

Usually ride in the Peak, but I fancy a bit of a change. Moors would be ideal (it’s closer) but Dales is doable.

Any suggestions?

ton

how far do you want?

flyingmonkeycorps

“A good day out”.

Depends what the terrain is like, but I’d say around the 20 mile mark should be about right. Something comparable to the Edale loop in the Dark Peak.

whitestone
    Free Member
    bikebouy
    Free Member

MTB or Road ?

I have quite a few killer road routes in the North Yorkshire includes Nidderdale/Patey Bridge/Grimwith/Appletreewick/Masham areas..

ton

settle, stockdale lane, street gate, high cote moor, arncliffe cote, Litton, dawson close, dale head, long lane,helwith, bank end, feizor, giggleswick scar, settle.

legolam
    Free Member

A ride in the Dales from Reeth:
    https://app.strava.com/activities/171681530

flyingmonkeycorps

MTB please 🙂

Cheers guys, I’ll have a look at those. How weather sensitive are they?

globalti
    Free Member

If it rains you’ll get wet.

ton

let me know when you are going. I will gladly guide you round a route.
    it would be steady tho. 😀

whitestone
    Free Member

Most of the tracks in the Dales are reasonably weather resistant, obviously after continuous heavy rain then things are going to be boggy. The tracks and bridleways over limestone tend to drain quickly. Many of the tracks are old packhorse/cart routes so are stone based, a Peak example would be the track from Roych Clough to Mount Famine. We were out round Swaledale yesterday on a slightly shorter route than that linked above and despite the heavy rain in the previous 24hrs there was just one section where we were leaving tyre marks.

flyingmonkeycorps

Thanks Ton, I may just take you up on that offer. Steady is absolutely fine, it’s my default pace (with added regrouping at regular intervals and faffing for video / photos).

Hopefully will be quite soon, this week is already pencilled in for the Peak and I’m walking in the Lakes the one after, so we’re looking at early June.

Trekster

I see a Ton N.Y. Moors shaping up 😀

13/14th good for me 😉

http://www.dalesbikecentre.co.uk/

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a killer route in the Yorkshire Moors or Dales?’ is closed to new replies.