Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Recommend me a jacket
  • chrishc777
    Free Member

Following my biggest crash ever last week my waterproof went straight in the bin, the zips were on their way out but it was torn to shreds so it got binned.

I was going to replace it with something fancy once the zips went but if I’d have spent £140ish on a jacket then torn it up I would have been pretty upset!

So what does everyone else use? I know alot of people usenon bike specific stuff but I’m not sure where to look for the right cut, breathability etc.

Ideally I’d like
    A hood
    Pockets
    Good breathability
    Cheap

Any maybe the moon on a ti stick

Teetosugars
    Free Member
    joshvegas
    Free Member

Decathlon do a running one thats been pretty good to me so far.

jambalaya
    Free Member

@teetoo, thats quite a sale. Are they good jackets ?

chrishc777
    Free Member

That vulpine is way more than I wanted to spend but that does look real nice..

Stoner
    Free Member

vulpine rrp is OTT anyway.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

@teetoo, thats quite a sale. Are they good jackets ?

I’ve an original Rain Jacket, and it seems spotty dog..

No idea on these ones, but for that price? I’d be willing to take a punt..

iainc

can’t say anything negative about the Madison Flux Superlight 16 one I got about 6 months ago. Can be had for around £100 – light, waterproof, breathable, stretchy, hood, pockets..

this one

DrP

that madison one looks JUST what i’ve been after..cheers”

DrP

iainc

^^^^ no bother. Sizing is pretty much as per the size guide too.

theboyneeds
    Free Member

Cool. Vulpine purchased plus 10% discount for signing up for newsletter!

Cheers

chrishc777
    Free Member

so madison addict or vulpine for the same money?

tinribz
    Free Member

Although I have an irratioal dislike of MWh, did the rounds recently and settled on one of these, packs down vsmall: http://www.mountainwarehouse.com/fortitude-mens-running-jacket-p14175.aspx?cl=Blue

1timmy1
    Free Member

I finally tested my Madison Flux Superlight on Saturday, it was comfortable and kept me dry. So thumbs up from me so far.

core

Anyone got any idea what the Vulpine packs up like?

dpfr

I’ve never tried to pack my Vulpine up small but I think it’ll be quite bulky. It’s pretty heavy fabric so I tend only to use it in really bad weather when I’m sure I’ll be wearing it the whole time. It’s fine then, with just a baselayer underneath

chrishc777
    Free Member

When you say it’s heavy, would you say it hinders breathability?

obiwankenobi
    Free Member

Endura singletrack £95, I like mine.

dpfr

When you say it’s heavy, would you say it hinders breathability?

No, but for me, with a good insulating blubber layer and a tendency to run hot anyway, I only need it in seriously horrid weather. It is very much my ‘worst weather’ jacket for cold, grey Peak District winter days with rain, sleet or snow, and temperatures under 5 degrees or so. It’s great for those. I’m glad I have it but I probably only used it four or five times last winter, out of a toal of maybe 40-50 rides and it would be too much for me if it was my main jacket.

whatyadoinsucka
    Free Member

evans have the red endura singletrack XL down to £69.99 which i’ve had my eye on
    https://www.evanscycles.com/endura-singletrack-jacket-EV243631

chrishc777
    Free Member

Singletrack looks good but none in my size and colour choice. Think the vulpine will get the money

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a jacket’ is closed to new replies.