Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Recommend me a ISIS bottom bracket
  • stupot
    Free Member

My ISIS bottom bracket has died again.
    Has anybody got any recommendations for an ISIS BB that doe's not fall apart in super quick time?
    Or am i better off getting a HTII crank/BB?

jackthedog
    Free Member

'Ditch the Isis cos they're useless' is the proper answer.

Though I've got one that's 18 months old and still going strong, used 12 miles daily on the commute bike through all weather. I think it's a Truvativ or something, DH type affair. Though it weighs as much as a small family hatchback, if such things bother you.

njee20
    Free Member

Buy a new HT2 chainset.

aP
    Free Member

I've been using a Crank bla-whatever they're called ISIS BB since last summer. Been ok, so far. better than some of the other ones I've used.

GW
    Free Member

superstar? only one that's ever lasted for me.

Graham_Clark

I have an SKF one that's nearly 3 yrs old and apart from a bit of a creak there's no play whatsoever 😀
    I'm pretty tough on BB's too and have been known to get through a DH specific one in around 3 months before…

oldgit
    Free Member

I've used a Superstars one for a year. Trained on it, raced it for a cross season and now it's on winter training bike duties.
    Seems to be going faultlessly.

zap
    Free Member

Superstar all the way, Until i need new cranks. On my second BB and the only reason is i changed frames amd needed a wider one. The only reason i bought superstar was purely from recommendations from this forum.

stupot
    Free Member

Sounds like i will be giving the superstar one a go…
    Thanks for the help

acorlett

Typical me to get in late, but would back up the Superstar recommendation!

HeatherBash
    Free Member

Didnt find the Superstar item to be any better or worse than the cheapo
    Kooka thing I tried.

stills8tannorm
    Free Member

I've destroyed everyone I've ever had inc' 2 crank bros ones within 4 months and they come with a 5 year warranty … then I bought a Superstar one, it's still in and still fine after nearly 2 years.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a ISIS bottom bracket’ is closed to new replies.