Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Recommend me a hybrid for £500
  • disco_stu
    Free Member

My gf wants a new bike and is looking to spend around £500 on a hybrid, she doesn’t want a womens specific bike or any front suspension on it.
    Is there anything good on offer anywhere or any brands I should avoid?

coopersport1
    Free Member

Won’t go far wrong with a Boardman At £550. Just get it checked over elsewhere or do it yourself.

MadPierre

Specialized Sirrus range is good. Google around for offers.

Scapegoat

Boardman

lyrikal
    Free Member

Agreed on the boardman, I have one for a road/training bike and it’s great. More road than mountain bike but I’ve used on easy trails and it’s fine. Budget for a set of cyclocross tyres for it though, takes a bit of harshness off the ride and makes it more gravel friendly.

Edit, they do a woman’s specific version but it’s just the same bike with a slightly shorter frame and 170mm cranks

acidchunks

I love the specialized crosstrail sport disc I’ve got for commuting. admittedly a bit on the heavy side but the suntours do a great job of smoothing out the rough potholed manchester roads.

http://www.leisurelakesbikes.com/product/specializedcrosstrailsportdiscroadbike2012.aspx?&id=16812

only thing I’m not keen on are the tyres, I’ll be swapping them for a pair of schwalbe land cruisers when they wear out.

edit. never mind, missed the no fs request. sorry

tthew

My missis has that Boardman one, it’s nice. Like lyrikal said, it’s more of a road bike with flat handlebars than a mountain-bike-lite (TM)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a hybrid for £500’ is closed to new replies.