Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Recommend me: a hotel in Paris
  • spw3

As per the title – I’m going to have to pop over to Paris every month or so – Mrs spw3 has been posted to Chartres for six months – and I’ll need somewhere nice but not too expensive to stay for the weekend.

So come on guys, impress me with what the STW Hivemind can come up with!

ThePinkster

Recently spent a few nights in the Hyatt Madeleine which was quite nice, but I fear out of your price range.

Can’t recommend any other hotels in the area but if you’re looking for somewhere relatively cheap to eat & drink I can highly recommend Nos Ancetres les Gaulois. Fixed price and all you can eat/drink.

spw3

Hi Pinkster

Thanks for the suggestions. I couldn’t get their site to give me a room price but an educated guess would suggest that it would fall more into my “once a year” bracket than my “once a month” bracket

atlaz
    Free Member

Mama Shelter is pretty good. Interesting part of the city, quirky design and when I went just as it opened it was reasonably priced.

mr-potatohead
    Free Member

there is a road just by the Garde de Nord called La Rue des petit hotels , all cheap and cheerful bur varying a bit in price

atlaz
    Free Member

there is a road just by the Garde de Nord called La Rue des petit hotels

Lucky coincidence that’s where all the hotels are isn’t it? 😉

ThePinkster

Hi spw3. Yeah, I’m guessing so – Our bill was for just over €1400 for 2 nights.

The Bro-In-Law was paying though, so that’s alright.

Nos Ancetres is definitely worth the visit though and nowhere near as expensive as the hotel.

spw3

Now then boys, play nicely!

Mama Shelter looks interesting. I’d be *slightly* nervous about railway hotels being more interesting than I’d planned though

Edukator
    Free Member

I like the Première Classe near the Pont de Suresnes. Cheap, clean, good transport links and about 50e.

spw3

Thanks Edukator, that’s a good bargain option. When I tried googling for hotels in Paris it was a bit like trying to buy paracetamol in an American supermarket – I got paralysed by choice!

atlaz
    Free Member

spw3 – there’s no railway line there, it’s closed so there’s no noise from there (at least I never saw a train and I was told it was closed)

jools182
    Free Member

I stayed here last November Hotel Opera Cadet

Excellent little Hotel, decent breakfast, helpful staff, clean and modern rooms. I’d stay again

spw3

Chees Jools, another one to add to my Reading List.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me: a hotel in Paris’ is closed to new replies.