Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Recommend me: a home printer
  • brooess
    Free Member

Don’t want to spend more than £50, ideally less (currently out of work) for printing out copies of my CV and other docs I might use for interview prep, incl copies of previous work to show prospective employers.
    Will be running it from a Dell Inspiron laptop
    Any recommendations?

PePPeR

Kodak for the cheap replacement cartridges, it’ll cost a little more for one of these.

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/kodak-esp-5210-multifunction-inkjet-printer-06747734-pdt.html

But you get an all in one printer scanner and copier for this price. We’ve been running its smaller brother for a couple of years and it’s been brilliant, the prices of the cartridges mean we use genuine ink all the time and it prints brilliantly!

Cougar

In honesty, if that’s all you want it for, I’d go to the local library and pay 10p/page to print a dozen copies on their laser printers.

Conqueror
    Free Member

Ye id do what cougar says, ink cartridges seem bad atm price wise

or get something off morgan copmuters, possibly a BW laser or something if its a long term issue

Just don’t buy a Lexmark. Mines a nightmare

Cougar

Last Lexmark I had any regular dealings with, it was more cost effective to bin it and but another one than replace the ink cartridges when it ran dry.

HP and Canon get a bad press for pricing printer ink per ml at just under the going rate for unicorn semen, but Lexmark are (well, were) in a league of their own.

TatWink
    Free Member

Yep Kodak is king.

takisawa2

HP 4580 here, wireless one. Works well. Cartridges about £15. And they seem to last well though.

donsimon
    Free Member

I’ve got a Canon 3600 or something and that is fine.

motivforz
    Free Member

Kodak ESP3250 here, very happy with it, both scanner and printing.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me: a home printer’ is closed to new replies.