• This topic has 13 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 15 years ago by wl.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Recommend me a holiday?
  • Munqe-chick
    Free Member

So for the last 6 years we have gone to Morzine downhilling, anywhere between 6-19 mates have gone, however this year it is looking a bit more difficult in getting everyone together.

I have an 8 day trip MTBing in Morocco booked for April, however still planning on having my hols in the summer but not sure what to do? Preferably MTBing but other suggestions open (not beach holidays .. too boring!) to debate.

What would you like to do?

nasher
    Free Member

Have alook at rivierabike not only loads of mtb but alsoo loads of other stuff, from sea sports to climbing etc….

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

NAsher, have you gone on a holiday with that company? Just had a look and looks fab! Would love to do both climbing and the via ferrata … e-mailed them for some more info!!

crazy-legs

A Quick Release, Pyrenees
    Freeride Spain, Sierra Nevadas

For biking holidays, either of those, both very good.
    If you fancy doing windsurfing/kitesurfing, rock climbing or road riding I’d go to Sardinia. I’ve only ever done road riding there but an ex of mine had a couple of climbing holidays out there, she said it was some of the best she’d ever done. A look through climbing websites etc should give you all the info you need about the place. Same for surfing, the NW tip of the island up near Stintino is fantastic for it.

woodey
    Free Member

nasher IS Rivierabike

nasher
    Free Member

Yeah I am rivierabike, and I have responded to your email.

Hey Woodey, let me know when you are back in Liguria, we have to meet up and do a ride.

We have opened along with local Italian riders loads more trails around the coast.

nasher
    Free Member

Sorry i meant go for an MTB ride

woodey
    Free Member

soon, moving back to Italy end of this year but will be in Liguria late spring – will defo come over for a ride

PeterHerold
    Free Member

I can agree with the crazy legs re. Sardinia. We first came on holiday cycle touring here 15 years ago and now ended up running a guesthouse for bikers, climbers, walkers and we develop these activities here where we live in Ogliastra. From easy rock climbing to biking to sea kayaking…you can do it all here, in a really beautiful unspoilt area. With a bit of googling you can find lots of photos, descriptions etc,

I was riding for 2 hrs today, the mimosa and tree blossom is already coming out…great
    ciao Peter

stevomcd
    Free Member

Check us out too: http://www.whiteroomchalet.com

Chairlift & van-assisted mountain-biking, everything from DH tracks to remote, Alpine singletrack. Long, flowy singletrack descents are what we’re most into.

All sorts of other things to do nearby: climbing, walking, parapenting, white-water stuff, via ferrata….

Gooner
    Free Member

i am off on this hol on thursday

http://www.ridebig.com/trip_costarica_puravida.html

can’t wait

Trustyrusty
    Free Member

Have been with FreerideSpain twice now and would rate them as nothing short of brilliant, and will be spending a week with TheWhiteRoomchalet.com this August, I’ve no reason to think that thewhiteroom won’t be ace, but I’ll tell you in September 😀

freeride_addict
    Free Member

http://www.trailaddiction.com – the first of the holiday companies to start offering “lift-accessed epic singletrack descent” which has since spawned many copy-cats.

But, still the original, and best, IMHO and I think others on this forum might well agree.

wl
    Free Member

If the Swiss Alps is a contender, Bike Verbier’s new holidays are going to be amazing this year – check them at http://www.bikeverbier.com. They’re changing the emphasis of the holidays, riding some wicked out-of-the-way singletrack in areas most riders never reach. I’ve seen some of the new trails and terrain – absolutely mint.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a holiday?’ is closed to new replies.