Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Recommend me a hedge trimmer
  • mrblobby
    Free Member

My cheap old one has given up on me.

Tempted by the Stihl hs45 though could probably get a cheaper mains powered one. Battery powered ones any good these days?

Thanks.

fisha
    Free Member

Get one where the cutting blades are open and far apart and have a long slid action. I have one that s close with a short slide and its crap.

I borrow the inlays Bosch one and its way better.

boblo
    Free Member

I’ve had one of those hs45’s for ~10 years and it’s been ace. We’ve lots and lots of Leyandii and it gets cut twice a year. It’s knocked the crap out of the trimmer but it’s never missed a beat.

I bought a cheaper KAAZ unit for our other place. It doesn’t feel as powerful and has a shorter blade. If I were buying again, I’d get the Stihl.

w1zard
    Free Member

+1 Bosch.

Ours has taken a beating over the last few years and is still going strong. It’ll never beat a petrol version but it’s fine for trimming hedges.

boblo
    Free Member

I don’t like mains powered. The cable is a faff and I kept cutting it….

mrblobby
    Free Member

Thanks. Tending towards the Stihl. Got one of their strimmers and it’s been flawless.

Good tip on blade separation, shall have a good look.

Nipper99
    Free Member

+1 for Stihl

Daffy
    mrblobby
    Free Member

Just been playing with my new Stihl. It’s ausumz 🙂

boblo
    Free Member

Why don’t you come round and try it on my hedges? Just for practice you understand… 🙂

nosherduke996
    Free Member

Stihl Stihl Stihl Stihl Stihl Stihl Stihl Stihl Stihl Stihl Stihl Stihl Stihll Stihl Stihl Stihl Stihl Stihl Stihl Stihl Stihl

Go with Stihl you know you want to…. 😉

mrblobby
    Free Member

I do and I did 🙂

boblo
    Free Member

What still? Do you like my play on words there…?

Buggered it up yet?

mrblobby
    Free Member

The beast…

Made short work of an out of control hedge.

boblo
    Free Member

Mrblobby, bush trimmer to the stars 🙂

JoeG
    Free Member

My stihl ones is broked. 🙁

Lower muffler bolt sheared off flush with the cylinder casting. Bolt = steel, cylinder casting = aluminum. At the repair shop now, but they may not be able to get to it for a month. 😐

First problem I’ve had in 5+ years with a chainsaw, 2 string trimmers, a leaf blower, and the hedge trimmers though…

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a hedge trimmer’ is closed to new replies.