Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Recommend me a heart rate monitor withe calorie counter.
  • dannymite1981
    Free Member

Hi i am after a heart rate monitor watch but unsure which one to get.I am after the cheapest one possible that actually records heart rate and calories burned accurately.My budget is up to around £60.cheers

MSP

None of them record calories burnt accurately.

Dibbs
    Free Member

My understanding is that the Polar algorithm is one of the better one’s for calculating calories.

aracer
    Free Member

That’s not saying a lot, Dibbs.

Question to the OP, why do you want to measure calories burnt? If it’s in order to lose weight, you do realise it’s not as simple as that (even if the readings were accurate).

Dibbs
    Free Member

That’s not saying a lot, Dibbs.

I used Polar HRM’s for years and then when I changed to Garmin most people on the Garmin forums said that the Polar calorie count was more accurate. Can’t say it’s something I’ve wasted much time looking at either way. 😐

cheshirecat
    Free Member

The Polar FT4 is pretty good, with a decent belt and a fairly basic watch. When I was looking at these a couple of years ago, the FT4 was the cheapest Polar watch with the better chest strap (fabric strap with clip on transmitter). I now have a Suunto – better watch, but strap is not as good.

No idea how accurate the calorie count is.

EDIT: Good for a basic HRM watch, don’t expect lots of features.

benji
    Free Member

Got a Sigma PC9 unit, that could be yours for £15 posted, does heart rate and calories. No longer used thanks to a Garmin Edge 500.

dannymite1981
    Free Member

ill take the sigma thanks,how do you want to be paid.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Polar FT7

Has added functionality and memory.

Lets you input height, weight, gender, upper/lower heart rate targets and target of fat burn or performance.

£90 or less.

benji
    Free Member

ill take the sigma thanks,how do you want to be paid.

Will email you when I get home, are you ok with paypal?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a heart rate monitor withe calorie counter.’ is closed to new replies.