Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Recommend me a handle bar bag for touring
  • coopersport1
    Free Member

After a decent bag to help set up a hybrid for touring

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Ortleib or Carradice would be my choice..
    Can’t go wrong with either..

nbt

I picked up one of these

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Avenir-ACB941-Waterproof-Handlebar-Bag/dp/B0016MGAGO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1397494404&sr=8-1&keywords=raleigh+handlebar+bag

Really impressed with the bag itself – consitructed well with a proper roll top closure. The only thing I’m less impressed with is the way it attaches to the handlebars

and

When descending a bumpy track (on the tandem with rigid forks) the bag was shaken so much as to fall off the front. I’ve sincve adjusted the angle that the mount sits at, soi that instead of parallel to the ground it’s at a 5 degree rise

However this does seem to be pretty standard mounting – I’ve seena much nicer locking one on a bag that a mate bought whlie touring in germany but we’ve never found it online

crogthomas
    Free Member

I can recommend Altura bags. I have the Arran bar bag and although it’s basic and not waterproof it’s reasonably priced and has been very robust, surviving a fair few long tours in remote places and even some proper mountain biking whilst loaded up with camera gear, etc. They have Rixen & Kaul fittings which seem very sturdy and are easy to use.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Arkel are very good but pricey.

midlifecrashes

Got a Clas Ohlson shop nearby? These look good in the flesh, but I haven’t bought or used one. Bargaintastic if they hold up well.

http://www.clasohlson.com/uk/Asaklitt%20Bicycle%20Bags/Pr315310000

IanW
    Free Member

All the above are too heavy, I would recommend a dry bag Alpkit do one specifically for the job. If you want stuff to hand wear a jersey with pockets. Honestly no bag is worth 500+ grams.

scotroutes

The Ortleib bags are very well made and attach firmly. I can very much recommend them.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a handle bar bag for touring’ is closed to new replies.