Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Recommend me a handcream
  • weare138
    Free Member

Winter is here and my skin is cracking on my thumb and will soon be followed by my finger… I’ve tried using the stuff Norwegian fishermen use to no avail… Any recommendations?

donsimon
    Free Member

I used to use the same stuff and found it needed a couple of days before effect was taken.

nicko74

The Neutrogena Vaseline type stuff? I use that and it works OK for me – putting a big dollop on at night is key, then a bit more in the morning.

loddrik
    Free Member

🙄

teasel
    Free Member

Aloe Vera cream usually works for me where other, apparently more suitable creams haven’t. Time-tested…

donsimon
    Free Member

Never had eczema Lodders?

loddrik
    Free Member

Only during my period…

donsimon
    Free Member

flowergirl
    Free Member

L’Occitane Shea Butter. …….made my hands presentable after many years of neglect (working in cold, wet environments)
    £15 a tube and worth every penny!

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

L’Occitane Shea Butte

Not bad, but it is quite slippy and lets your hand slip off when using it vigourously

Burls72
    Free Member

Climb On, it’s expensive but works really well. Just scrap a small bit off and pack it in to the cut or split. The neutrogena stuff is good but climb on is better for splits/cuts. I find it stops them being sore after the first night but takes a couple more days to heal up.

bruneep

Loads of Norwegian neutrogena on the hands and put some latex/vinyl gloves on for an hr or so for a few days, really softens the hands.

teasel
    Free Member

As an addition, when my knuckles start to crack open, I mix it up a bit; aloe vera blended with antiseptic cream seems to almost heal the cracks overnight (or maybe two if it’s getting a bad). Smells very familiar when mixed but for the life of me I can’t quite place it…

restless
    Free Member

Aveeno. sold at Boots, supermarkets , everywhere.
    it stops my skin from splitting open. i have OCD with hand washing and it is the only cream that has ever worked for me.

hamishthecat
    Free Member

Body Shop hemp handcream. Unbeatable and smells quite nice 😉

£10 a tube though – although they do have two for one offers from time to time.

Anna-B
    Free Member

just logged in to say what hamishthecat just said! I have a picture to go with my post though 😉

It’s really good – my hands suffer during winter, and I prefer this to the Norwegian stuff which I have as well.

Yeah not cheap, but lasts ages.

elaineanne
    Free Member

oh dear man up… 🙄 :mrgreen:

winstonsmith

try epiderm – i get it on prescription but i think you can just buy it. it’s the best i’ve found

colournoise

Another vote for the Body Shop and hemp. Used to use Norwegian but it wasn’t cutting it.

slainte 😀 rob

FeeFoo
    Free Member

I do find it difficult to apply after I’ve had my nails done.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Clarins Jeunesse des Mains.

That is all.

tang
    Free Member

Dr.Hauschka

Spud

Neutrogena Norwegian for me. Been using for years for the same problem. Got better since not working on site, but still painful when they do split. Their fast absorbing cream never really does in my experience.

CountZero

I used to handle lots of paper, which caused huge splits across my fingers, where only Superglue and Micropore tape would help. Changed jobs at work so less paper handling, but skin still dries a lot, so I’ve just got a couple of pots of this:

From these people: http://www.somersetlavender.com/products/productdetail.aspx?id=61
    A friend works for the Pump Rooms and Assembly Rooms in Bath, preparing meals and food, so has to wash her hands all the time. She’s also covered in burns and cuts from hot dishes and sharp implements, and this is the only stuff that she’s found that works for her. Smells fantastic, and it dries in very quickly. Seems to be helping, too.

justatheory
    Free Member

Burt’s bees hand cream is good

bruneep

do bees have hands?

colande
    Free Member

don’t use hand cream but sometimes I like a bit of my girlfriend’s hand relief 😀

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a handcream’ is closed to new replies.