Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • recommend me a good+cheap blu-ray player
  • reggiegasket
    Free Member

Doesn’t have to be fancy. Just a decent basic one.

What’s the best way to conect it to a Samsumg telly (with all the latest connections)?

jon1973
    Free Member

Not sure about which cheap BD player, I use a PS3, but it will connect via HDMI to your TV.

thehustler
    Free Member

PS3 here too, as it has other advantages…..

binners

LG from Richer Sounds

I’ve had an LG one for a few years and had no issues. Can’t moan at that price

curiousyellow
    Free Member

My LG is going back to Richer Sounds. Refused to play a majority of my BDs from Lovefilm. They work fine on a PS3. Firmware is up to date according to the interface thing.

Loads of people use PS3s so if you have compatibility issues then they’re probably likely to get fixed quicker. The LG had a firmware update that made iPlayer unusable and I had to put up with that for months.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

cheers

so HDMI is the way to go?

JollyGreenGiant
    Free Member

Sony BDPS490 490 is great pice of kit.I’ve been very happy with mine.Just £60 from Richer Sounds at the moment.

jon1973
    Free Member

so HDMI is the way to go?

yes. I’m not sure you get HD through a scart cable, but I could be wrong.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

Sony looks good. I’ll have that.

thehustler
    Free Member

HD isn’t supported by scart hence the ‘HD’MI

finishthat
    Free Member

Er get a Samsung one your remote will control both

jon1973
    Free Member

Er get a Samsung one your remote will control both

I don’t think that’s particularly important sometimes. I never really use the TV remote control, as the Virgin Media remote does everything I need it to.

Cougar

I don’t think that’s particularly important sometimes

It’s irrelevant these days. HDMI carries CEC, which feeds control codes between devices. Each manufacturer brands it up as something special (“Veira Link,” “Regza Link” et al) but it’s an interoperable standard.

The days of buggering about with entering four-digit codes after a Vulcan Nerve Pinch on your remote to control ‘foreign’ devices are long gone. On my system, all the remotes control all the devices; if the amp is on then “volume up / down” controls the amp volume, if I switch off the amp then it un-mutes the TV and all the remotes control the TV volume instead. It’s seamless, and the only configuration I had to do was make sure CEC was enabled.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘recommend me a good+cheap blu-ray player’ is closed to new replies.