Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • recommend me a good travel coffee mug
  • banjax34
    Free Member

as above, the other half wants to take a coffee in the car to work, i dont have that luxury on the bike so would appreciate help from those who do, cheers !

jamiep
    Free Member

Maybe not exactly what you were expecting, Lifeventure Thermal Mug. More of a mini flask than a mug with a lid. I prefer it is it has more uses because it can be tipped over

lemonysam
    Free Member

i dont have that luxury on the bike

Plenty out there that fit into bottle cages…

Personally the best I’ve used at keeping stuff warm and flavour free are the stainless steel primus commuters and KeepCups – the latter is definitely the trendy choice.

craigxxl
    Free Member

+1 Lifeventure Thermal Mug

cranberry
    Free Member

A slight Hijack:

I found a Lifeventure thermal mug in my cupboard that I had forgotten about – how do they work with regard to the little silicone thingie that goes in the top, are you meant to press it in ( letting it fall into the liquid ) when you want to start drinking your coffee ?

jamiep
    Free Member

No, that is just a small pressure-release value. Drink by unscrewing the big lid

banjax34
    Free Member

by “luxury” i meant sitting in traffic with time to drink a coffee ! 😀

djambo
    Free Member

I found a Lifeventure thermal mug in my cupboard that I had forgotten about – how do they work with regard to the little silicone thingie that goes in the top, are you meant to press it in ( letting it fall into the liquid ) when you want to start drinking your coffee ?

no idea, for the last 3 years i’ve just been unscrewing the big lid and supping away!

bruneep

Bodum

I have This one and is still like new despite my best efforts to destroy it, by dropping it continually.

bitasuite
    Free Member

Contigo Autoseal. Doesn’t leak at all. You can chuck it in your bag upside down and it’ll be fine.

fasthaggis

Contigo keep drinks hot ,a lot longer than anything else I have tried.

scruff9252

I can’t imagine añy cup where you need to use two hands to unscrew a lid to drink would be particularly useful when driving!

metcalt

Another vote for the Bodum travel mug here, mine served me well until stolen, will be buying another.

They fit perfectly into a bottle cage too by the way, like they were designed for cycle commuters 🙂

spooky_b329

Bodum again, wife has one but the price put me off at first. Tried the £5 Wild Bean Cafe job that comes with a free coffee, three half price refills and then another free one via the loyalty card, but it’s rubbish, even preheating with boiling water its going cold within 10 minutes.

Just asked for the Bodum for Christmas 🙂

My trucking brother has a good one that has a suction cup built into the base, so it’ll stick to a smooth surface on the dashboard but when lifted the suction releases. I imagine it works well on a desk during mouse manoeuvres…

fasthaggis

We did a Contigo V Bodum shoot heat out.

The Contigos won ,the Bodum now gathers dust (oh,and the make your coffee and go plunger part of it was a faff) 😉

Cowman

I really like the Stanley mug, the sign of a good Sat morning is getting up early and drinking from it on the way to lakes.

Think that they look cool too.

Mug!

banjax34
    Free Member

going for the contigo, the stanley would not be conducive to christmas cheer if she got that on the day ! 😉

Cowman

Ha! Why ever not!!

disco_stu
    Free Member

As an aside why does tea out of a travel mug taste awful but coffee tastes the same?

peekay

How long is the commute?

I am a daily travel mug user and having the most thermally efficient mug may not necessarily be beneficial.

I spend 50mins in the car each way and I find that if I use a good quality mug then I am still left with a full mug of hot tea on arrival at work, wheras the cheapo promotional freebie mugs provide a steady supply of drinkable temperature tea for the majority of the journey and allow me to finish in time with few dregs.

teasel
    Free Member

Luxury driving with a Contigo…

banjax34
    Free Member

anyone tried a contigo morgan ? the journey time is approx 30 mins

stevenieve
    Free Member

Camelbak Forge

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘recommend me a good travel coffee mug’ is closed to new replies.