Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Recommend me a good touring/all day saddle?
  • Kojaklollipop
    Free Member

As title, what is a good all day touring saddle, sort of thing you can sit on day after day for 8 hours for a few weeks? Don’t want one of those great big gel filled jobbies, my butt gets on better with narrower saddles as I find those wide things just create hot spots on my inner legs, but I need something with a bit more padding for the old sit bones?

Ta! 🙂

druidh
    Free Member

I’ve been using a Specialized Avatar Gel model on my Sutra and it was fine for 6 days touring.

http://www.evanscycles.com/products/specialized/avatar-gel-saddle-ec008410

ilikebikes
    Free Member

Brooks swift

coatesy
    Free Member

Try finding a WTB dealer, probably easier now they’re handled by Fishers,and see if you can get a demo saddle to try(bright yellow to reduce the possibility of pikeys nicking them).

boblo
    Free Member

B17 very very comfy under my ar$e. Got two with about 40k miles between em. Like pulling comfy old slippers…

If you like em slimmer, Brooks Pro (long and thin). I don’t get on as well with these but have one with about 10k miles on it.

I’d always chose the 17’s over Pro’s, Swifts etc (now) as I find them so comfy. Personally, I prefer leather for long days, it helps reduce sweat induced chaffage as the both breath and absorb.

Kojaklollipop
    Free Member

Cheers.

I’m kinda leaning towards getting a Brooks, googleing a similar question just brings up Brooks as the answers everywhere, was thinking of the B17 as it’s a better price and that’s what keeps getting recommended, although not sure how I’ll get on with the 170mm width, most of my saddles are 140 – 150mm, but what I don’t want is the shape to be like a large V more like a T, if that makes sense, think this might avoid chaffing on the inner thighs? The brooks just look like they’re going to be hard too but they get highly rated for comfort.

🙂

boblo
    Free Member

The B17 is more ‘v’ than ‘t’. The Pro’s/Swifts are long and thin (i.e. ‘t shaped. I don’t get on with the Pro even after lots of miles. I recently swapped mine out for a B17 I had spare and back to comfy ar$eness… I find the Pro rock hard, the B17 has some give after being broken in (~500 miles).

Oddly, I’ve just started using an Aliante on a new bike. The first 50 miles were excrucitating but I went out for a 70 at the weekend with no problems… Can’t imagine a plastic saddle breaks in so quickly (if at all) so not sure what’s going on..?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a good touring/all day saddle?’ is closed to new replies.