Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Recommend me a good pair of cycling glasses please
  • tpbiker
    Free Member

Was looking at something along the lines of Oakley racing jackets (i had a pair of fake jawbones with genuine lenses fitted and they were ace), but interested in whether there is anything as good for less cash

Ideally they need to have lenses for light and dark conditions that I can swap round, and given I’m a sweaty so and so keen that they won’t steam up easily. Budget is 130 max, but would consider buying 2 pairs if the lenses aren’t interchangable but they are cheap.

STW ideas would be appreciated

ta

ottocat
    Free Member

I have some Tifosi Logics great glasses comfy came with 3 lenses.. £49 … won’t be too upset IfI loose them or run over them

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Budget choice is Tifosi, as above. If not, Oakley. Real ones, not counterfeit shit made by little slave kids.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    mistergrizzly
    Free Member

personally i don’t think you can beat radar paths… love them, worth every penny and truly functional cycling glasses 🙂

tpbiker
    Free Member

it’ll be genuine ones, although i suspect they are still made by slave kids for a pittence an hour unfortnately.

If it states ‘comes with 2 sets of lenses’ can I assume that one will be for light and one for dark conditions?

Jamie
    Free Member

Real ones, not counterfeit shit made by little slave kids.

I think they use robots.

Junkyard
    Free Member

where do you get robot slave kids from?

dpfr

Adidas Evil Eye Half Rim. Bought a pair a month ago and very impressed. Interchangeable lenses for bright and dull conditions and both types are really effective

kcal

Tifosi here, on to third pair (wife lost first, second pair now stand ins as bit scratched), LBS do them and they are really very comfy – to the point where my old Oakleys feel odd and not as good).

tmb467
    Free Member

Endura Masai

£75 ish and with photochromic lenses

muddy@rseguy

Ditto Endura masai.

They look good and seem to be well made. Photochromatic goes near transparent so good for night riding too.

I’ll add one for Tifosi’s

sweaman2
    Free Member

I’m a fan of Rudy Project – their Rydon II fits me well and has a multitude of options for lenses.

Haze

Rudy Rydon with Impact-X photochromatic…

jairaj

I’ve had a couple of Tifosi glasses and been very happy with them both. First ones were fixed lenses lasted well for a while and then I lost them. Second set have interchangeable lenses. I first thought the lens system wouldn’t hold up well, but a year later and regular changing of lenses to suit conditions, sometimes even daily and they still click in firmly.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

dpfr – Member
    Adidas Evil Eye Half Rim.

+1 but got the Pro’s awesome, lots of lense choice too.
    No idea on price as the local distributor sponsors a lot of local events so they make spot prizes at most big events.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Used some nice cheap sunniest from decathlon but after a day they did my head in so I started wearing my Maui Jim Stingrays.

A bit much for bike glasses but if others wear Oakleys then why not Maui’s..

Clarity is amazing.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a good pair of cycling glasses please’ is closed to new replies.