Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Recommend me a good compact camera for about £100 please
  • Vortexracing

My camera has just gone knackered and I need one for the Spain trip due mid November.

Any recommedations for a small camera good for MTB'ing from the all knowing STW massive please?

Ta

Dave

TN
    Free Member

If you can get hold of one of the Panasonic Lumix TZ range they're really good.
    I have an old TZ1 which is slightly bulky but all the newer ones are much less so. Picture quality is good and although there is no optical viewfinder, the screen on the back is great in all but the brightest conditions.
    The best point is the optical zoom – my old TZ1 has 10x, I am not sure if the newer ones are 12x…
    Another big plus is that they have a metal body and are incredibly robust – I have field tested mine many times. :-S (The latest one I had it in a pack on the handlebars, forgot to fasten it properly, hit a bump and the camera flew out and hit a rock. And then I rode over it. It's got a couple more scuffs but still works perfectly.)
    It's a fine piece of kit.

grumm
    Free Member

Seen some good pics taken with Lumix cameras. Can't really go wrong with Canon Ixus either imo.

geoffj

There are some canon powershots on offer @ Argos for £60 which is a steal IMHO.

tinribz
    Free Member

Saw a mint Lumix LX2 go on ebay for 130ish this week, twas a crime. Apart from the LX3 and G9/10 all about £300 I doubt you'd find a better compact regardless of price.

Ixus produce really good pics but check out how many faulty ones are for sale. There is a known issue with the lens getting stuck (not that I'm bitter or anything).

Denis99
    Free Member

I've got a very good condition Canon G5 for sale – pm me if you're interested.

Vortexracing

Cheers Guys, just have to wait for the extended warranty to come back and say if it's scrap or repair (hopefully later)

Those canons at Argos seem good.

i'll see what happens and may mail you Denis. Ta for the offer

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a good compact camera for about £100 please’ is closed to new replies.