Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Recommend me a good cake stop near Dartmouth
  • leelovesbikestoo
    Free Member

I’m coming down to do the Plymouth Gran Fondo in a few weeks, and spending a few extra days down there. Want to get some rides in while I’m down there, pref with a cake stop – any good caffs within 10/15 miles of Dartmouth?

qwerty
    Free Member

Sea Breeze @ TorCross is worth a jaunt, but not cheap.

jam-bo

Curators in totnes is nice. Roads are crap in south hams though. Busy and narrow, stick to the moors.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    rockhopperbike

venus cafe at bigbury is good mid week when the road is quiet

julianwilson
    Free Member

Venus at bigbury, is lovely unforgettable place and lush views, but no inside to it, picnic benches whatever the weather! . But if you are staying in/near Plymouth, have a look on the yogi cycling club website for a great list of routes (and links to gpx files) and indeed cake stops. If the gran fondo doesn’t do you in too much, i reccommend the slapton sands loop.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

The Singing Kettle, Dartmouth.

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g186253-d1464647-Reviews-The_Singing_Kettle-Dartmouth_Devon_England.html

We arrived soaked to the skin and leaking all over the floor but they didn’t bat an eyelid. Silver teapots, China cups and leaf tea. Perfect.

leelovesbikestoo
    Free Member

Great thanks guys, and Juilan will check out their site!

OCB
    Free Member

I’ve not used it 🙄 , so I can only recommend the view, but there’s a [Venus] cafe at Blackpool Sands too.
    Blackpool Sands two weeks ago (when last I rode past).

😉

slugwash
    Free Member

There’s also a Venus Café at Black Pool Sands on the coast road between Torcross and Dartmouth. (as posted above by OCB whilst I was typing this!)

As mentioned above, The Curator in Totnes does the best coffee in town and has outside seating where you can keep an eye on your bike, and their outlet in Dartmouth, Woodroast does the best coffee at that end of the river, but is less bike parking friendly, being on a narrow street.

The Castle Tea Rooms in Dartmouth, over looks the river mouth, does excellent tea & food, and has outside seating and great views.

The Anchorstone Café in Dittisham, has excellent riverviews and lovely food, but slightly more expensive drinks. You also have to cycle back up the hill out of the village, or get the ferry over to Greenway and carry on your ride from there.

There’s also a Venus Café at East Portlemouth, opposite Salcombe. Nice views over the estuary, good coffee and snacks, and you can hop over the estuary on the ferry to get back to continue your ride back towards Plymouth.

The Staverton Nursery café on the river near Totnes is basic but nice.

Other good cafes are available in the area but I’ve got to stop typing and get on with some work!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a good cake stop near Dartmouth’ is closed to new replies.