Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • recommend me a good bow saw for trail building?
  • pussywillow
    Free Member

After a good saw for trail maintenance around my local trails, those silver birches are reet pain in the arse to cut down, also a good saw that packs away nicely in my dakine bag, cheers folks. 😆

ahwiles
    Free Member

i’ve got a bahco laplander.

it’s ace.

phatstanley
    Free Member

depends on the circumference of the tree/logs, i guess. but to fit in your pack, the bahco laplander is purdy darn good:

a proper bow saw (i.e long enough to be useful) wouldn’t really fit in a “normal” sized mtb pak.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    organic355
    Free Member

get a silky gomtaro or other silky saw, bow saws get stuck.

Silky’s dont.

http://www.silkysaws.com/Silky_Saws/Straight-Saws/Gomtaro-Large-Teeth-Saw-687

nbt

I’ve got a 3.99 one from Aldi for occasional use.

Works well enough – http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/trail-maintenance-anyone-else-do-it

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Webtex hand chainsaw for difficult to reach and larger branches:

Unfortunatly, I left mine in a tree somewhere…

Northwind

Laplander is a great folder. I’ve got a very cheap Silverline straight saw which is surprisingly good. Bowsaws are a bit impractical for carrying, it’s got to be pretty big to have much advantage over a brashing saw tbh- so I got a mahoosive Bahco, which I can’t ride normally with, but which will cut through very big fallen trees.

z1ppy

Most folders are tiny, when I was looking for a replacement unit, I decide a better all round saw would be more use. I did like my previous fiskars Xtract™ Garden Saw (with sliding blade), but the blade was too thin and bent if pressure was applied. As this is the sort of thing I’m willing to spend time clearing*, I went for the Silky Fox Gomtaro that Organic has posted above (as recommend by Jedi! 😉 )

*I know of one instance I knocked back a stickmans persistance by clearing some large tree’s he cut down, the stickprick hasn’t touched that section of wood since 😀

freeagent
    Free Member

Anything by Fiskars or Bhaco

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘recommend me a good bow saw for trail building?’ is closed to new replies.