• This topic has 12 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by cb.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Recommend me a full set of beginners golf clubs for a Left Hander under £200….
  • teddy
    Free Member

as above, any one checking any bargains out at the mo?
    need a set sharpish.

ta
    Ed

cb

Steer clear of JJB Sports and their "special priced" Dunlops.

Get yourself along to the local pro shop as they often take in clubs in part exchange, otherwise try the likes of DIrect Golf, Online Golf or American Golf / Nevada Bobs.

You may have missed the best sales but you can certainly haggle in the shops.

200 is a tough ask if you want a full set and decent quality (poor quality clubs won't do much for your enthusiasm for the game!)

Here are a few options for iron sets for your price range – thinking second hand if you want woods, putter, irons and bag etc…

http://www.direct-golf.co.uk/golf_irons/cobra/sz_irons_lh_golf_irons/p9887

http://www.direct-golf.co.uk/golf_irons/ram/sdx_combo_irons_lh_golf_irons/p10064

http://www.onlinegolf.co.uk/golf-clubs/irons/320scog/3261pog.asp

Shibboleth
    Free Member

Ebay is your friend – left hand clubs often go for buttons. I got a full set of Big Bertha irons with graphite shafts, plus 1, 3 and 5 woods (also Big Bertha) and a putter for a hundred quid.

mefty
    Free Member

You could also try these people, they are the kings of part exchange, they have quite alot of advice on their site. Golfbidder

cb

EBay is most certainly not your friend unless you are buying from private sellers i.e. they have a single set of clubs for sale or a recognised online Ebay shop.

Ebay is stuffed full of fake clubs – I know, I've bought two of them. Got my money back both times but for one club, even the local golf pro couldn't tell it apart. TM, Callaway and others have started publishing Ebay account names to avoid because the problem is so bad.

If you are a beginner, I'd give Ebay a swerve

meandyuk

Shame your left handed as I have a nice set of wilson di-7's that would of suited nicely!

eckinspain
    Free Member

I reckon second hand is certainly your best bet though. Have a look in Loot or local press for someone clearing out their old set after upgrading. Should be able to get it quick that way too.

Shibboleth
    Free Member

EBay is most certainly not your friend unless you are buying from private sellers i.e. they have a single set of clubs for sale or a recognised online Ebay shop.

Ebay is stuffed full of fake clubs – I know, I've bought two of them.

Sorry, my earlier post should have contained the following caveat "Ebay is your friend, unless you are the sort of person that buys too-good-to-be-true new golf clubs from dubious far-eastern sellers. If you've got half a brain, you'll be fine."

Follow my example, buy from a little old fella in Stoke-on-Trent whose son bought him a new set of clubs for his golden wedding and is selling his old ones. Or similar. It's not rocket science.

midlifecrisis
    Free Member

Surely on a website that is home to so many ardent singlespeeders you just need one middle sized driver to do all your golfing needs:)

Surfr
    Free Member

Take a look at MD GOlf. Northern Irish company making some quality kit at reduced prices. Always scored well in the mags when I took up the sport for a year back in 2008. Now clubs sat unloved as I'm biking all the time.

2hottie
    Free Member

http://www.second-hand-golf-clubs.co.uk/contactus.php

I know the owners.
    Top people and won't mess you around.

StuMcGroo
    Free Member

got mine from american golf (not left handers mind), wilson, £250, with bag, umbrella, balls etc, they're better than i am. got roped in to spending same again on one nike driver, no improvemnt, so sold it and will not fall into that trap again… not with golf clubs anyway!

cb

Shibby

You should run the country mate – you're obviously very clever. Certainly more than my half a brain…

The guy says he is a beginner – very easy to be duped. Some of the ads on the bay are very convincing – its not a bloke called Mr Wu selling an Apollo with a Turner sticker on it!

Just offering the guy some advice…

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a full set of beginners golf clubs for a Left Hander under £200….’ is closed to new replies.