Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • recommend me a full face helmet
  • dennis25
    Free Member

I am after a very comfortable one and great ventilation, I couldn't try any on as none of my lbs selling a full face helmet, so have to get one from crc. suggest me anything less than £100 please.

lobby_dosser
    Free Member

pity you can't try them on to see what fits your noggin best. I'm a large in some helmets and a medium in others. Out of all the ones i tried on, I think the one from The was the comfiest and they are around the ton on CRC.

MtbCol
    Free Member

I use a Bell Bellistic, in fact I have done for years. Had a number of helmets that have retired due to ground/helmet impacts but I must admit they're rock solid when it comes to impact protection.
    Nice and comfy and a good retention system in use. Ventilation is adequate, but as with most full facers it does get stuffy in summer.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=30295

grumm
    Free Member

Giro Remedy fits me pretty nicely.

jackal
    Free Member

I wouldn't recommend one without trying it on first, they all fit different.

I have used a troy lee d2 and troy lee mx lid for the last 5 or so years (overpriced for what they are tho), perfect fit for me, tried a 'the' on last year and I didn't like the fit.

J.E.James are doing some mega deals on 661 helmets at the minute, around half price off them.
    I tried the 661 flight warp on in their shop the other day, fit and quality (for 89.99) was good but its more of an mx style lid so heavy if your not used to them, they do cheaper/lighter ones tho.

I also like the look of the new giro and bell, and the fox ones seem pretty good for the money, not tried either of them on though.

walleater

Drive / get transit to a shop and buy one that fits. I've seen people stick their teeth through their face by wearing a badly fitted full face helmet.

peachos
    Free Member

yep if yer gonna blow a hundred on a FF you need to try it on. head shapes and helmet sizes are all over the place. 661 was a terrible fit for me (it rubbed on my forehead) whereas bell was really comfy.

hoykalot
    Free Member

specialized deviant. comfy, light and more vents than any other full face. cost £110.00 approx

pimpmyride
    Free Member

2nd vote here for Bell Bellistic, cheap, light, well ventilated and bloody strong!
    Save your money getting anything else better as for £100 you probably won't 🙂

Lionheart
    Free Member

Giro Remedy Helmet here, tried the Bell, Giro seems well made, very comfy, well vented, light enough and under £90, Sprog James has a two 'THE's and like them alot, get hammered, and stand up well

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

I used the remedy in the alps, splendid job, saved my noggin a few times, got the marks to prove it. Good ventilation and perif vision too, and looks good!

genesis
    Free Member

Easy though not on CRC but a Spesh Deviant is about the best, far more comfy than my 661 used to be and waaay cooler than a TLD D2.

Ewan
    Free Member

Import one from the states if you're not in a rush, it'll be cheaper. I beleive it'd be VAT and duty free as well as it's saftey equipment.

Tracey

I have a carbon Deviant, light and well ventilated, got it from James Cycles at half price. would try first before buying

Tracey

Coyote
    Free Member

I use Giro for my 'normal' lid, i.e. a Flak and a Xen. However for full face I've always found 661 to be a good fit.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘recommend me a full face helmet’ is closed to new replies.